Note to New Members ×

SES 08 Housing share

Michelle

Hard to find cheap Aspen lodging. I'm looking to stay at glenwood and rent a SUV for the week. Still MUCH cheaper than the cheapest I can find in Aspen. Mid size Jeep is under 50 a day, lodging under 70. I'm in and out of Eagle, so that's where I'll get the car.

I'm looking for someone - or a couple - who would like to take over my room for the later part of the week in a 5 bedroom house I'll be sharing. The room has a king sized bed and shares a bathroom. I'm looking to stay there Friday through Thursday morning so someone who could use the room for the next three nights would be perfect. Cost is $200 per night whether it's one person or a couple. I could possibly move out Wednesday morning if this is needed.

The house is right in town (with hot tub) and I hear it's a fun group (all carvers) that will be sharing.

Post or email me with questions

Curtis

I've got a 3 bedroom house in Frisco, CO that I'm planning on staying at Friday night (the 8th) to cut the number of nights I'm getting gouged in Aspen down by 1.

If anyone else is interested in staying in Frisco the night before SES starts, I can offer it up for $25/head.

----------

Also, I've currently got 1 spot in my truck if anyone needs a ride up from DIA/downtown Friday the 8th, and/or rides the whole week in Aspen, and/or a ride back to DIA/downtown on Friday/Saturday.

----------

Also, I'm looking to split a room in Aspen (or close) Saturday - Thursday. Would like to pull trigger soon.

Thanks!

I've finally got it dialed in.Flying into Eagle on Friday and renting a Jeep. Staying in Glenwood till Wed. morning, then taking the rest of cfj04's room. Flying back out on Sat. I'm so stoked. I can't imagine what it's going to be like riding with a couple hundred carvers! Scott

• 3 weeks later...

Derek and I are looking into flights and starting to get serious about coming to the 2008 SES. We're a married couple in our early 30's and we both ride. We're looking for a bed somewhere to sleep off the aches after a day on the hill, not really late night party people. We're looking for just the 12th to the 16th. Does anyone have a spare room they are looking to fill?

beth and derek

Derek and I are looking into flights and starting to get serious about coming to the 2008 SES. We're a quiet couple, looking for a bed somewhere to sleep off the aches after a day on the hill, not really late night party people. We're looking for just the 12th to the 16th. Anyone want to go in together to rent a condo or something?

beth

I will arrive late on the 12th or early on 13th. I can be quite. I am from NC and will be traveling solo. I sent an e-mail with an attachment to the address on your website. I am new to bomber community and SES but not to carving. My everyday gear is retro. I want to save some on lodging so I can buy some new gear while there.

Grey

• 2 weeks later...

F F F-ity F. After looking forward to a full week of SES for months and months, I am now unable to come. I have not been this disappointed in a LONG time.

If you are looking for SES digs, please contact GQuentin and/or Allee. I was planning to share a private room with them at the St. Moritz, that spot is now open.

My housing for the week seems to be falling through... :( Anyone have a reasonably priced room or floor space for one quiet, clean, mostly housebroken, early-to-sleep & rise female sort of person? :ices_ange

Alternatively, I'm wondering how the parking lot camping scene is? I've never been to Aspen before - wondering how the campers are planning their week? Where to find good parking, showers and such?

Thanks for any advice!

two_ravens,<O:p</O:p

<O:p</O:p

Dang, sorry to hear the plan fell through. Call Michelle (or e-mail us) on Monday as we have a few other "orphans" who are also looking. I think we are trying to get them together and make it work. <O:p</O:p

Have no idea on camping in Aspen</ST1:p, sorry. But I have heard Goldie Hawn parks her double-wide in the Buttermilk parking lot so she can get 1st tracks. <O:p</O:p<O:p</O:p

two_ravens,<O:p</O:p

Have no idea on camping in Aspen</ST1:p, sorry. But I have heard Goldie Hawn parks her double-wide in the Buttermilk parking lot so she can get 1st tracks. <O:p</O:p<O:p</O:p

Darn it! And me with only a single-wide! Even the camping is too upscale for me! :eek:

Will send email..... :rolleyes:

There a small possibility I have a room in Glenwood available at the house. PM me and I'll try to work out the details with you if anyone is interested.

Also:I drive up to Aspen everyday to work and can accomodate a passenger so you wouldn't need a car. My schedule is I leave at 6:45 and can go directly to the Buttermilk area and drop you off at 7:45 or 8 (commuter traffic in the morning is more than later). Then you can hook up a bus to any mtn from there or ride there pending the schedule. I leave to head down valley at 4:00 everyday so if you want to ride down with me instead of the bus I would pick you up at Buttermilk at 4:00. I plan on attending the Session on the weekends and some random 2 days during the week pending weather (I'm picky on what days since I have that option). So during those days we can get there later and stay later. The only thing I ask for chauffering, is to share gas costs and that's about $5.00 (cost me $10 a day to commute).

I have to make sure Diana's (my other 1/2) son isn't coming back from school to visit and if he isn't then our guest room will be open for a small charge. So PM me and I can go from there.

Hope we can help out some how even if it's just rides to and from since I drive up everyday anyway.

JoelP