Note to New Members ×

SES 08 Housing share

Michelle

We have had a couple of e-mails from people planning to come to the 08' SES in Aspen as they want to contact others to work out some housing options (share a condo, house, room, etc).

Soooooo, lets use this thread for anyone who wants to get together about housing and also getting rides to Aspen.

Lets still keep the main SES talk here please: http://www.bomberonline.com/VBullet...ead.php?t=11962

* Disclaimer: Bomber in no way takes responsibility for who connects with who on this thread. If the couple you share a condo with likes to play the tuba at 2:00am, sings show tunes in the shower, and cooks nothing but stinky fish dishes, don't come cry'n to us! redface.gif

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Is there someone who'd like to share accomodations and transportation to and from the Denver airport? I'd like to go to SES this year, but I'm only able to go from Saturday, February 9th to the 12th (Tues).

I like to think I'm pretty chill, 2am tuba doesn't bother me, nor do fish dishes, I can't sing so I won't sing in the shower, or anywhere else.

I will be flying in on the 8th and leaving on the 16th. I will need housing, but have NO idea what's available. Unless there's a Motel 6 kind of thing, which I doubt, I will be looking to share, rent a room, or something like that. Come on locals, let us know what kind of stuff is available!

They also have private "suites", kind of like apartments. What was suggested to me was for a few people to get together and some stay in the apartment, and some stay in the hostel but split the total cost between all of you. Then everyone can have access to the kitchen, living room, and space to store things, but some will sleep in the hostel space and some will sleep in the apartment.

Allee - not a problem for me. Scott - you still interested? Anyone want to make 4, and then we could grab one of the St Moritz condos assuming they are still available.

Looks like a 2br/1ba is $387/night and a 2br/2ba is $430/night, which would of course be split 4 ways. I could be talked into either but the extra bathroom sounds better to me.

I'm generally easy going, but definitely want to make sure I get enough sleep to ride well each day. I'll bring some of my tuning tools :)

Hey gang. I'm interested as well. Mike, is that working out to $100/night for the week? Ungh. Friggin Aspen.

I'm going to comb craigslist for something better.

Anybody in Denver? Wanna meet up beforehand? I'm mid 30s, there to ride, considerate as hell, no tuba.

I've got 1 open spot in my truck. Could get out to DIA for a pick up if need be.

Greg

Allee - not a problem for me. Scott - you still interested? Anyone want to make 4, and then we could grab one of the St Moritz condos assuming they are still available.
I'm only able to go from the 9th to the 12th. Are you looking for someone to stay the entire duration eh? Could I kick in for the cost for those days?
I'll bring some of my tuning tools :)
??? For your tuba?

Guest GQuentin

So I just reserved a Standard room at the St. Moritz, which has a TV and private bath. The rate for three people will be about $82.00 per person. I booked it for the night of the 8th and departing on the 16th. Mike let me know if you are interested in the room and if you plan on driving. I will help out with the gas. I can drive a manuel and I'm happy with Rush, although being new to carving world I might pick your brain the whole time. SEJ are you interested as well? If you guys already have a room and need a fourth count me in and I can cancel my reservation. I like the idea of saving $18 dollars a night though. Let me know,

Quentin

Guest GQuentin

ok........so I just went to the St. Moritz website and would like to get in on the condo. I will be there from the 8th-16th. I will keep my reservation for the standard room just in case. If there is someone that would like the extra privacy of the standard, let me know. I can probably transfer it to your name. It has a twin an Queen bed. 2 people would be $112.00 a night. Again 3 would be $82.00 a night. Does someone have a res. for a 2 bedroom condo that I can get in on? Let me know,

Quentin

Guest GQuentin

Just a heads up for everyone; The St. Moritz condo's are all booked. I couldn't get one, so I need to keep my reservation. Actually there is 1, 2br condo available for the 1st 4 nights, I think the rate is $437.00 a night. The only rooms they have left are the Standard and the Standard w/ kitchenette, and possible shared hostel space. They made it sound like they have plenty of the standards left, but it might be a good idea to reserve sooner than later. The standard is $212.00 a night and the Deluxe is $255.00 a night. Also, if you want 3 people to a room, there is an additional $15.00 a night fee. I hope this helps out. See yall in Aspen, :lol:

Quentin

GQuentin, thanks for the info. I've been on vacation and out of touch for a while.It sounds like we have a foursome, so will something else work? I don't know what a "Standard" is, is that a one bed?, or just one bath?

SEJ, We were unable to find a room for four people at the St. Moritz. So GQuentin, Allee and I are a threesome. (Get your minds out of the gutter folks!) Sorry man - not much we could do about the lack of rooms that would accomodate four.

I suspect you will be able to find others to buddy up with in relatively short order. I'll buy you a tasty beverage or two at the session.