Note to New Members ×

Can your first day top this?

Fastskiguy

I wasn't sure I was supposed to be there but I've gotta say...there was some passion out there today. Just to be clear...50' of vertical, flat run, rain, and no lift service. And a TON of people there. It was freakin' amazing! Got a shot from the top, from the bottom, and some "tuning tips" for the steel. Not sure if I'll opt to try that type of tuning tho...

post-3210-141842240566_thumb.jpg

post-3210-141842240568_thumb.jpg

post-3210-14184224057_thumb.jpg

:eek: Did you actually ride there? It looks more like a mall parking lot than a ski area :eek: .

Its starting to get crowded up here...yesterday the place was mobbed and today it was starting to get crowded when we left early. Worth every free penny though. Woo hoo! Day #7!

Oh yeah, my ski buddy and I climbed 20 times for about 1000 feet of vertical, if our estimation was right. You remember the saying "Gettin' there is half of the fun?" It was a little more like "Gettin' there is *all* of the fun" LOL

I wasn't sure I was supposed to be there but I've gotta say...there was some passion out there today. Just to be clear...50' of vertical, flat run, rain, and no lift service. And a TON of people there. It was freakin' amazing! Got a shot from the top, from the bottom, and some "tuning tips" for the steel. Not sure if I'll opt to try that type of tuning tho...

Many props to all the folks that came out to have fun on that itty-bitty hill in the rain. If that's not love for the sport, I don't know what is! :biggthump

That last picture just pains me... I can't look without cringing..

It was funny, although it went against "every fiber of my being", watching some of those guys catch and edge on the steel and go down hard face first made it a lot more understandable! Truly a case of "different strokes for different folks"

"Premature Jibulation" is a great name for an event like that!

First day of the season for me - 14 hours and counting! Bachelor has a lot more snow than in the pics at the beginning of this thread, but as I wrote this I am wondering whether I should trash by skis or my softie gear, because there is going to be some p-tex that resembles a roadmap at this time tomorrow in my garage. :cool:

It was funny, although it went against "every fiber of my being", watching some of those guys catch and edge on the steel and go down hard face first made it a lot more understandable!

Still.. Is he detuning or is he putting hisi base bevel at about 30 degrees?? Either way, he needs a gummi for detuning and he needs somebody teaching him how to tune.

Hood apparently opened up this weekend....only two lifts, but I'm still stoked. Anyone been to T-line?

Went to Bachelor today. Thunderbird, which is where the snowmaking efforts have been concentrated, wasn't bad. Everything else was a rock garden. I wound up spending the day with my daughter on my skis.... whose bases now look like a road map. My wife fared better on her board since she didn't have to chase a 5 year old and keep her on the trail.

As far as TLine and Meadows go: go if you've got a season pass, or if you can catch TLine on a day where Palmer is open. Pucci is going to be a rock garden this time of year. Magic Mile is good only for access to Palmer, pretty much unrideable otherwise until there's several feet of snow on it. (It might look good from the top, be ready to hike at the bottom). Meadows is charging $40 a ticket for the beginner area which will be crowded and a rock garden. I've been to both places in enough sketchy Novembers - rock boards only.

Hood apparently opened up this weekend....only two lifts, but I'm still stoked. Anyone been to T-line?

Rode Palmer about 3 weeks ago and took this shot below the midway station.

A lot's changed since then, but the amount of lift-served terrain is probably similar.

post-1039-141842241111_thumb.jpg