Note to New Members ×

what's up with Madd?

Guest AllMountain

Guest AllMountain

i've been trying to contact madd, using contact info at madd1.com, but not having any luck.

when i try to call the phone number for mike banker, i get "the number or code you've dialed is incorrect," and i've gotten no reply to an email i sent him. i emailed one of his resellers, and they said, "we have not been able to contact him either."

are they still in business?

my only knowledge of them is what i've read here. people really like their products, but how are they as a business? if i can't reach them to buy something, could i expect any support if i have a problem with one of their products?

Turn your email on and I'll provide you with Mike's contact information

Hello, GeoffV!

Could you, pls, share Mike's email for me? I'm waiting my order confirmation from him almost 3 months....

I just got an email from Mike, yes his cell phone has changed. He has been out of the country a lot this summer and is traveling the next few weeks, so expect a delayed response. I will tell him that folks are looking to get intouch with him. I don't feel comfetrable posting his contact info so I will respond individually to folks that ask for his info (Allmountain, sergy, Michelle). For those looking for boards for this season, Mike mentioned to get intouch with Dave from Hardbooter.com they have some boards in stock.

:lol::lol::lol: 3 months! Now there's some professionalism! Sure are sweet boards though, eh ?

not sure about the :lol: :lol: :lol: as it's really not funny.

Get used to it. Madd is not your typical snowboard outfit. Mike does it for the passion. His boards reflect that. Have you ridden a MAdd yet , D SUb ?

read up:

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=704&highlight=cult+madd

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=5358&highlight=cult+madd

not sure about the :lol: :lol: :lol: as it's really not funny.

Get used to it. Madd is not your typical snowboard outfit. Mike does it for the passion. His boards reflect that. Have you ridden a MAdd yet , D SUb ?

read up:

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=704&highlight=cult+madd

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=5358&highlight=cult+madd

It IS funny how unprofessional that outfit is. Making boards for a passion doesn't mean you can neglect people who have paid you already, which has happened in the past and appears to be happening now.

No, I never rode one. I know people love them and thats GREAT. And I know people "like" mike and crew but that doesnt change anything.

Somehow they're above criticism though?

but hey...Bordy says they have them in stock! Problem solved!

Guest AllMountain

i just got off the phone with dave at hardbooter.com.

he confirmed that mike is known to "disappear" for a while.

the good news is that dave has all of mike's current stock, and is knowledgeable about it, so if you want to buy a board or get questions answered, you probably don't need to talk to mike at all; just contact dave. you can find his email addr and phone number on the hardbooter.com website. he'd prefer email, but is happy to take your call, if you'd rather talk than email.

dave assured me that mike is scrupulous about warranty issues (when he's around), and if i ever had any trouble, dave also would stand behind the board.

Guest AllMountain

forgot to mention... when i talked to dave tille at hardbooter.com, i did place an order for a BX 168.

also, his price was a little lower than the "07 spring sale" price listed at madd1.com.

dave assured me that mike is scrupulous about warranty issues (when he's around), and if i ever had any trouble, dave also would stand behind the board.

I've heard pretty much nothing but good stuff about MADD and covering their butts, so that should definitely be noted

AND, I've dealt with Tille and he went above and beyond to sort me out. Great guy!

It was so tough to get gear not so long ago. People seem to really love Alpine. I get " I've considered it but there's no place to get gear " constantly!

We ( Bomber, us, you, them ) are just trying to grow the sport and we're all friends so why wouldn't we try to create a painless system?

Anyhow,

We do have Madd Stock, BX and Alpine. As Michelle says, it's probably best to email us initially. We can chat if we need to dial in your preference, on any gear for that matter.

We'll get the Madd stock up on the site ASAP.

Dave