Note to New Members ×

Don't Believe Everything You Read

Guest Tim Ryan

Guest Tim Ryan

In order to make "extreme carved turns"..."it helps to have your binding angles set well forward - 15 degrees or more on the front and about 8 degrees to 10 degrees forward in the back."

CarvingArticleRMN3-6-2007.jpg[/img]

and had a nice giggle, especially after seeing the picture of the guy breaking at the waist to touch the snow, and of the "zombie " heel side, and that "extreme" board angle. At least Gavin is attempting to bring a few more skidders and b-liners into the enlightend world

mario

He must have seen my "what not to do" heelside picture from the "Norm and Beyond" thread, where im skidding to a stop after carving uphill... This is why It's important to read the text, not just look at the pictures:nono:

pretty good likeness, dont you think?:p

post-2615-141842230227_thumb.jpg

But Gavin does write a column every week, mostly about jibberish, which I usually read for amusement. He caters to the lunch tray crowd, 'cause that's what's popular now, so he's like the other 99% of the snowboarding populace, ie; he just does'nt get it.

mario

The U.S. is full of horrific news reporting and reporters. Obviously the guy who wrote that article is one of them.

At some point in my life I realized that every time I see a journalist write something about a subject I'm intimately familiar with, I see huge problems with it. That's about when I quit reading anything that isn't hard news (they call it that because it's so hard to find).

At some point in my life I realized that every time I see a journalist write something about a subject I'm intimately familiar with, I see huge problems with it. That's about when I quit reading anything that isn't hard news (they call it that because it's so hard to find).

Yup, and even the "hard" news is usually wrong. I assume they get away with it because most people know little about anything, so they can accept what they're told without realizing it's bollocks. I heard recently that people trust journalists more than politicians: I can sort of see why they may say that, but you don't actually need to rely on journalists to report stuff. Well, other than wars and their causes, which at least in the UK the journalists let us down on rather badly recently ;-)