Note to New Members ×

2007 SES wrap-up: Thanks to all who came!

fin

Just got back into the office today and it is almost surreal to be at the computer again when we just had one of the best Session ever in Aspen.

Just want to thank everyone who came out to Aspen last week and joined us at the 2007 Summit Expression Session as well as the World Carving Session. The WCS was an idea we (Bomber) and Joerg (Pure Boarding) had last year to combine the two groups for the first three days of the SES and create a super group of carvers. We estimate on those three days we had close to over 150 carvers on the hill. Amazing. The trenches where legendary!

Typical of Colorado, the weather was varied. We had a couple of storms roll in but over all we had some excellent conditions. If you where smart you brought an all-mountain set-up and you where able to enjoy the off-piste one day and the fluff the next.

We had a monumental event where Aspen allowed us to take up to 75 riders on "First Tracks" at Ajax Mountain. This is where we get to go up on the Gondola at 8:00am and make the first run down the hill with a guide. We pulled about 50+ people on each of the two days. For those who went, Copper Bowl was amazing. A 300+ yard long natural half-pipe they groom every day side to side. You could hear quads spontaneously burst into flames at certain points of the run as it is the opposite of a "warm-up run". But taking it easy was not an option.

The après parties where the best. Getting everyone stuffed into small bars so they could tell lies about the day was a good time. At the end of the week banquette I take no responsibility for what went down at the "Carver Connection" dating game. Angie, our bachelorette, was made of steel as she tried to deal with the babblings of Paul, Rusty, and Ken. Apparently Ken will serve you fish on his date? You'll have to ask him :freak3: As always the raffle was legendary. In the big prize category we had 5 bindings and 5 snowboards to give away. Most where even presented by the manufactures who where at the event.

Pictures: if you have any pictures or video you can share please do so here for all to see. Larry our video guy could also use anything you have so he can make the 07 SES DVD to be available later on. We desperately need the group shot from Wednesday at Snowmass, anyone?

I really wanted to list all those that helped here as well, but the list is too long and we will inventively leave someone out. But you know who you are and those you helped know who you are. Thanks to all the official sponsors as well, their support is the backbone of the event :biggthump

Already planning 2008 SES/WCS and hope to see old friends and new next year!

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

post-1-141842229627_thumb.jpg

Just returned home from a great week of riding. As always, Fin & Michelle put together a great event. There were lots of great new people to meet and ride with, great gear to demo and all capped off with a fantastic banquet!!! Thanks to all of the sponsors who donated and especially those who showed up and contributed. Thanks Fin & Michelle!

See ya next year!

Dustin & Shelly

No kidding, you guys really had this thing organized and it was a huge amount of fun. It was great to meet Michelle and see Fin again, and to meet some of you guys at the tent. The best part was when a carver chased me down and introduced himself as the guy who built my board (Bruce). That was really cool. The worst part was today at Buttermilk when I was trying to decide whether I should go left or right of a photographer's race gate and ended up hitting it square dead-on, slapping both poles down evenly and puilling the flag off. I didn't even get a pic out of it because he didn't know I was coming. :eek: I sure felt like an ass. It was the proverbial "last run." My wife Katie had a huge amount of fun too, so we'll be back :biggthump

I had wanted to attend SES for several years and finally convinced my long time friend Darcy to go with me. It was an incredible event.

Thanks to all the sponsors and riders. It was awesome to see so many different carving styles and to speak with people who are as passionate about this snowboarding discipline as I am.

I came home exhausted with a new Prior WCR 183 and yet to be designed Coiler which I won on the final night. What more could anyone ask for?

I'm already planning for next year... of course I’m bringing more Canadians!

Steve

post-1299-14184222924_thumb.jpg

I had another fantastic vacation thanks to Fin and Michelle organizing this event. I had a tour of Bomber( thanks Luke). I met lots of really nice people(JP-check your toolbox and many,many thanks) and the Carvefathers helped me break through to the next level in my riding. I even managed to bring home a wknd sailing cruise and my wife is psyched for that.(she is much happier than if I brought home another pair of bindings!!:)) Sat. after the SES was a total bluebird day with temps in the high 20's, very little wind, and plenty of groomed. What a fantastic way to end it. I hope to see you all next year.

JC

Thank you so very much Fin and Michelle for putting together such a wonderful event. We (Al and myself) really enjoyed meeting both of you as well as so many dynamic and totally cool carvers. We really felt like we finally have a place to call home. The conditions were perfect in Aspen, the people were so welcoming and friendly and the parties were awesome.

Thanks again for bringing us all together to enjoy this sport of snowboarding together. We already know where we will be next year. In the meantime, if we get back to CO we will look you up.

Much Love,

Felicia and Al:1luvu:

Thanks Fin and Michelle -- outstanding event, Lisa and I had a great time -- riding, meeting new people, seeing old friends, it was really great. We're still here, enduring the horrible 10" of nightly fresh pow (ok, not so hard), rode with Ken, Jason, and Mats today -- fun stuff.

Turns out our laundry room has good internet access, so I uploaded a few movies I took at SES -- days 1, 3, 5, 6, 7 -- didn't video the other days.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=snowytom

Thanks again, and I'm already looking forward to seeing everyone in 2008!

tom.

Thanks to fin, michelle, tille, rusty and luke. what a blast last week was, and to all of the people i pasted in sean's clinic, i was in complete control at all times and the pasting was meant as payback for an earlier incident committed by dustin. i apologize for any collateral damage.

mario

Many thanks to Fin and Michelle for putting together such a great week in Aspen. Alex and I enjoyed finally getting to our first SES. We had an awesome week of riding and meeting so many great people. It was cool to look up the hill at any time and always see a carver layin' it down!! We will definately be putting SES on our wish list for 2008. :biggthump

I hear ya oldacura. Shoot, if we had it here (Summit) I could save a bundle on housing! One of the biggest pulls to Aspen is they are VERY grateful to have us and they treat us very well. Not to mention the epic grooming and conditions Aspen is known for.

In the years past where we had it in Summit we had one major issue, crowds. Putting 100+ carvers onto an already packed hill was starting to get dangerous. We just don't get this in Aspen.

Might change down the road but for 2008 I can tell you it is going to be at Aspen again.

* Group shot now up top from the day at Highlands. Thanks Alexis!