Note to New Members ×

Do you use Glasses or Goggles

Bobby Buggs

You guys need to check out some of the other goggle lense offerings like the Scott Amplifier and the Briko Thrama. The optical quality of some of these new lenses is unbelievable. You can actually see better with them on not just glair reduction.

My girlfriend has Amplifiers, but when I went to get new goggles, they were flat out of all but the SUPER low end Scotts, and some SUPER high end stuff. I settled in the middle with the Oakley Wisdom. I'll be scoping the mountain store for some Amps next time I go though.

Goggles for sure... Spy Blizzards/Alloys/Targa II's (They're pretty much all the same.... the lenses are identical... Frames are super soft for my monster head!!

4 different lenses to choose from..

Clear mirror -single layer lens

Yellow -single layer lens

Chrome mirror -double lens (My Favourite!!!)

Persimmon -Double lens

Glasses make me tear up like someone sprayed my eye balls with pepper spray whist watching the saddest movie ever.....:eek:

I gave up on glasses when I was learning - it was a p.i.t.a. to have to crawl back up the slope to retrieve them, so goggles it is.

Funny you should mention that. I had a very character (and hopefully technique) building day yesterday when the Ice Coast conditions invaded central Oregon. I had to ask someone to bring my *goggles* down to me after one crash. (Bailout avoiding a straightliner - owiee!)

Goggles only. 'Same same' on the tears if I don't.

I have a couple year old pair of Scott Sequence with mirror-grey polarized lense for bright days. Finally picked up a second pair of goggles last month. Got a pair of Anon Figments with two sets of lenses (mirrored gold and gold) for those flat light days. Scored them on SAC for $12.00. I couldn't resist. I'm currently using the gold lens. Nice to have two pair so I can just grab the lens color of the day rather than having to swap the lens in one frame.

I'm just about to pick up some Oakley A Frames with High Intensity Yellow and Fire Iridium lenses. My old goggles are Carrera with rose lenses which were a reasonable al round goggle, except when it's super sunny.

As for glasses, I generally don't wear them unless it is really warm and I'm just cruising around rather than riding fast. If I do, it's Oakley M Frame with either VR28 or HI Yellow lenses.

Interesting idea about the eye jackets though. I have a set of water jackets which would probably be a pretty good option. Might have to give them a try and some stage.

It's nice to have a friend who is a rep!

I would only wear glasses because I found that goggles just didnt fit my face right. but after getting a pair of A-Frames I was hook. Dont know which lenses I have but I love them

One of the reasons I still have the same 10 year old pair of goggles is that they fit right. Before I bought them, I borrowed some from a friend, and I found that some fit well, some don't. Several pairs I tried left openings in the corner of the nose, except Smith goggles back then. So I bought a pair of Smith because of that.

I always used to wear glasses unless it was snowing.

Now I have a pair of Uvex Melanin polarized series:

MP1.JPG?r=82979

These have awesome optics and are very comfortable. They work well under the helmet and are very durable.

I recently followed Pat Donnelly's thread http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=11950&highlight=bro+deal

and bought a pair of the Haber Prima goggles. The price was right and they are AWESOME! Great optics, fit and asthetics. If you have a smaller bean consider the other model as these are a bit wide. My only gripe is that in early morning shade and some other flat lights, the contrast isn't as good as I would like.

This season I have worn goggles almost exclusively and am enjoying it!