Note to New Members ×

What or how many boards you bringin to SES

Bobby Buggs

If you have one and have the room... bring some sort of "powder" board. Something wide that will float you. Last year Andrea and I didn't and had to beg/borrow/steal something to ride. Sean (Donek) was the hero that day as he was the only person with freeride equipment to demo. He loaned me his "signature" board... Thanks!

Other than that... I just take something in the 180-190 range with 15+m sidecut.

Agree with Dave. The one day we got a good dump it was difficult to find a powder board and Sean came through with an Axxess for me. Bugs bring your all mountain board as well. Have a great time guys. TB you picked a great year to go out there with our terrible NE conditions :argue: .

Geoff, I was hoping to see you there :(

I have a powder board stashed near by with friends, yes I do have a couple friends. I really like to travel light so I will send my 184 out the week before. I know, this is going to be a big deal, me going to ride for a week without my beloved Coiler Am :eek:

My WC is a 15m I think.

Never made a multi-day trip to CO without having a powder day-so definately come prepared. I would go as far as saying leave the carvers at home and bring the powder board since you can demo everything under the sun.

If you can bring two boards by all means bring a big carver and a powder specific board.

I would go as far as saying leave the carvers at home and bring the powder board since you can demo everything under the sun.

I won't speak on behalf of the Bomber crew but I'll put my own 2 cents in about this...

"Yeah, you can certainly demo all the boards you want but keep in mind that a demo isn't meant to be an all day event. With that in mind, I believe 45 minutes to an hour is more than enough to determine what you like or dislike about a board.... DEMO OVER, BRING THE DAMN BOARD BACK!!"

There, I've said it and feel much better now. So, having said that, I'd suggest bringing your 'go to' carver and taking the occasional spin on the great demo fleet that Bomber organizes with help from the event sponsors. The other choice is don't bring your carver and have to swap boards every hour.

I won't speak on behalf of the Bomber crew but I'll put my own 2 cents in about this...

"Yeah, you can certainly demo all the boards you want but keep in mind that a demo isn't meant to be an all day event. With that in mind, I believe 45 minutes to an hour is more than enough to determine what you like or dislike about a board.... DEMO OVER, BRING THE DAMN BOARD BACK!!"

There, I've said it and feel much better now. So, having said that, I'd suggest bringing your 'go to' carver and taking the occasional spin on the great demo fleet that Bomber organizes with help from the event sponsors. The other choice is don't bring your carver and have to swap boards every hour.

You're absolutely correct Dave. But there's so many boards to try you could probablly ride different lengths/models w/o trying the same thing twice and still have the boards back within an hour. Considering you'll get maybe 6 hours of actual riding time per day since you'll be swapping bindings, eating lunch, etc., you'll do 6 boards per day at best. So over 5 days you could demo 30 different boards...probably different lengths of the same model but still different boards...

Now perhaps a better question is how many metal boards will be there this year? I believe they were hard to demo last year due to high demand?

Im only going to bring my 184 WC Rossi since I know Im going to the land of no Speed limits :eplus2: and endless cord

I think I narrowed it down to 12 boards last year. One reason I can't fly to SES.

However, last year I only had the one Tinkler.

Ideally you have the long board for big moderate angle sweepers and a tighter radius board for hanging with the "Ruthies" early morning run and the PureBoarding guys and gals.

I like the 15 M SCR and it served me well there. Just ask your self "What would I bring to a buffed out, super well groomed, dream come true meca for alpine carving?"

And allow for a pow day? The Tankers worked well on the big dump day we had last SES.

I bring pretty much everything I have to the mtn everyday because I can but in reality from mid Jan thru mid March I'll ride one of these 2 boards 90% of the time and that's my 186 with a 16 SCR or my new titanal 178 with a 13.2 SCR. We typically have hero conditions during SES time here in Aspen whether it be carving or powder :1luvu::1luvu:. The grooming so far this year with good snow has been excellent at Highlands and Buttermilk. I can't speak for Ajax and Snowmass since I get a full pass only for Highlands/Buttermilk and save $400.00. Those 2 mtns alone give me what I need on any given day but I know Ajax has an excellent grooming crew since they stole all the good groomers from Buttermilk 2 years ago. Needless to say the grooming has been awesome. Rode the 186 all day today on Buttermilk and for those in the know of the hill I had 1st runs untouched on Ptarmagin top to bottom and THEN the next 1st thru 4th runs top to bottom on Tiehack trail. Both runs were groomed wall to wall and super fast riding. That is roughly 10,000 vertical WITHOUT anyone else yet touching those trails :lol: :lol: So the gist of this is bring anything in mid 180's if you feel comfy on it and then you'll be smiling until all the other SES guys thrash the hill then go demo something you can play on if you want. BUT it is best to ride your own board to start the day since you'll be really intune with it more than a demo board and you can just go balls to the wall. If it's powder day then as we say around here, "there are no friends on a powder day", find something that floats and just get lost :biggthump:biggthump

Also, I too have a 196 but it isn't my go to board, BUT on special days it rocks but I wouldn't suggest it as my only board to bring. Don't forget that this IS SES and no matter what there will be a horde of other jacked guys around you. In times of need I find I can get around a bunch of skiers more easily than a gaggle of carvers.

Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones. Remember to be safe too.

Joel

Buggs I am only bringing my ski's that way I can stay away from all the groomed carving trails. You know how I feel about that snowboard carving stuff. Steph is bringing some original Madd 170 thing she found in a closet somewhere and her new Nidecker escape. Maybe I will see you out there.

Alex

I brought too much stuff to ses last yr !

Extra luggage cost Me $320.00 I'm not going to let that Happen again !

If I go over my weight limit this year/ I'm going to mail it !!!

I'm cutting it down to 4 boards !!! My 3 largest Carvers & one huge free ride Powder board !

See ya there !!!!!!!!!SES---- ( see everyone screaming)-----down the mtn>

I brought too much stuff to ses last yr !

Extra luggage cost Me $320.00 I'm not going to let that Happen again !

If I go over my weight limit this year/ I'm going to mail it !!!

I'm cutting it down to 4 boards !!! My 3 largest Carvers & one huge free ride Powder board !

See ya there !!!!!!!!!SES---- ( see everyone screaming)-----down the mtn>

Ouch! Now I don't feel so bad about spending over 500$ in gas. :o

Thanks!!

(full disclosure, I did drive around a bit, you know Aspen via Mammoth Mt route)

I'm not bringing a board at all this year. It's just such a drama flying over from Oz with a big, full, heavy board bag. I'm going light; just bringing boots and bindings and I'm going to try and demo as many as possible (within the general - and very reasonable - limitations set forth by yyzcanuk).

Mind you, I am cheating a little....Chris Prior is bringing me down another WCR again that I paid for last week. Just don't tell my fiance, she doesn't know about it yet. Might have to claim that I won it in the raffle. :eplus2:

Except then, what do I do about the board that I AM going win in the raffle this year?!?!?! :confused: