Note to New Members ×

Snowboard C.S.I.

DiveBomber

Well DAMNT IT!!

I got a board stolen ( I think) from my parking lot right infront of my apt :angryfire

This is a pretty safe part of town.

I was bringing my gear upstairs, and the board was the last thing I was going to grab, I just laid it in the snow. And I forgot to go back down.

Then I remebered about and hour later, looked outside and it was still there, great, so I change to go down, about 15 min later, I look and its GONE!!! :(

So im trying to figure out how to find who may have grabbed it. Infat I put a sigh on a pole in the snow exactly where the board was laying.

asked a couple neighbors they didnt see anything.

I know my complex had a vid camera at the entrance, and I have a time frame so im hoping they atleast caught the cars that were comming in.

I walked around looking in teh cars in the lot, but ofcourse didnt find anything.

Im just about ready to go door to door. :flamethro

Board theft is getting big! A couple were stolen at bachelor xmas break, plus an entire (6!) family's that they just got for xmas! 8 boards were stolen at Crystal or Stevens yesterday (cant remember which). I'm seriously considering hefting a big chain an lock to the ski racks now. I"d buy a season ski check, but I go to too many places. We must find the nest and destroy the eggs! Sorry about your board, was it a freeride or alpine? :angryfire:angryfire

Board theft is getting big! A couple were stolen at bachelor xmas break, plus an entire (6!) family's that they just got for xmas! 8 boards were stolen at Crystal or Stevens yesterday (cant remember which). I'm seriously considering hefting a big chain an lock to the ski racks now. I"d buy a season ski check, but I go to too many places. We must find the nest and destroy the eggs! Sorry about your board, was it a freeride or alpine? :angryfire:angryfire

But this was right in front of my building, not on the slopes., it was my only freeride board with new co2's

Well DAMNT IT!!

And I forgot to go back down. Then I remebered about and hour later, looked outside and it was still there, great, so I change to go down, about 15 min later, I look and its GONE!!! :(

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

you cant be serious, can you?

Are you saying that after noticing it outside, you then waited 15 minutes while doing something else? I in no way think that means you "deserve to have it stolen, but I can't think you would be surprised by it? I teach all my kids that snowboarding is about being self sufficient, meaning carrying their own tools, knowing when to go in for water, and what to do with their boards...

Still, I feel for you man. I've had stuff stolen off my deck when I lived in a apartment, but had to take my share of the responsibility there.

Are you saying that after noticing it outside, you then waited 15 minutes while doing something else? I in no way think that means you "deserve to have it stolen, but I can't think you would be surprised by it? I teach all my kids that snowboarding is about being self sufficient, meaning carrying their own tools, knowing when to go in for water, and what to do with their boards...

Still, I feel for you man. I've had stuff stolen off my deck when I lived in a apartment, but had to take my share of the responsibility there.

well this isnt that kind of neighborhood, I could look out side and see it there. I had to change to go out, or else I would have gone straight down

Im more surpized that is was taken than, that it was still there after an hour+

yup. agreed.

your location says you're in denver. I dont think I'd leave a board on the lawn or whatever in denver.

I had two boards stolen out of my closed, tinted window explorer two seasons ago which means that creeps were cruising around looking for something to take. Bend police happened across the boards in another investigation so I got lucky.

yup. agreed.

your location says you're in denver. I dont think I'd leave a board on the lawn or whatever in denver.

I had two boards stolen out of my closed, tinted window explorer two seasons ago which means that creeps were cruising around looking for something to take. Bend police happened across the boards in another investigation so I got lucky.

Im actually in centennial, Gated complex, it's almost a zero crime place, I usually leave my car unlocked too. I guess its more the principle, Just cause its lying out in the open doesnt mean your welcome to it. :nono:

I would have streaked naked downstairs to save my precious coiler.

thing is I didnt think i was going to have to "save" it you know??

Just called my freind whos a cop, see what he says, gonne keep an eye out on craigs list and ebay, too. I may just stand in the middle of the drive here and ask every car that passed and see their reaction. Figure the guilty one wont be able to look me in the eye very well.

Just cause its lying out in the open doesnt mean your welcome to it. :nono:

you are absolutely, irrefutably correct in this, but we live in a fallen system, man. Ideals don't prevent bad behavior.

I used to think that people who were possessive and afraid of theft had stuff stolen from them. Funny, I know...but I still cant completely shake the thought. You feeling trusting enough is a good thing, imo. Sad that your trust was broken.

.. that you guys leave your stuff in unlocked cars and lying around because "it's not that type of neighbourhood". News flash, but scumbags don't always stick to their own side of the tracks!

Maybe it's just that I was bought up in a less than salubrious part of Auckland, New Zealand, but where I came from you'd run out of gas in the lawnmower, and you'd take it inside with you to fill it up, because by the time you went for the gas can and came back somebody would have driven past and swiped it. And no, I am not kidding, that actually happened a lot. We learned as kids never to leave our bikes unlocked, our bags outside the door, things in the yard if it faced the road, or even the washing on the line overnight. Leaving windows open and doors unlocked was just asking for trouble.

A huge number of American tourists in Auckland have their expensive gear stolen from their unlocked cars while in the city, and given some of the stuff I read on here, I'm not sympathetic. If you can't afford to lose it, look after it!!

Sorry about your board, DB, but maybe a lesson learned??

Where I'm from, the garage is unlocked, 4 cars (when we're gone to work 10 hours a day) are unlocked and all have the keys in the ignition... The house is locked, but in summer often most of the windows are wide open...

Then again, we can't see the road and can barely see our neighbors. The road is a seasonal road which is off of a dirt road which is off of a small paved road...

Where I'm from, the garage is unlocked, 4 cars (when we're gone to work 10 hours a day) are unlocked and all have the keys in the ignition... The house is locked, but in summer often most of the windows are wide open...

Then again, we can't see the road and can barely see our neighbors. The road is a seasonal road which is off of a dirt road which is off of a small paved road...

If I was a transient crackhead looking for an easy score, I'd LOVE this. Nobody to see me arrive or leave, and a choice of four getaway vehicles. I'd take the one I could load the most stuff in.

They're all trucks. Though the 48 powerwagon is hard to start, hard to drive and it'd be a slow get-a-way at 40 mph.

But yeah, if you were a thief you'd love it. Most people get discouraged by the driveway though. They think it's just a dead end.

Then I remebered about and hour later, looked outside and it was still there, great, so I change to go down, about 15 min later, I look and its GONE!!!

imagine ! 15 minutes to change ? dude ! that just sucks !

I had to laugh when I saw my buddy's BBQ chained and locked to the front porch railing in an upscale neighborhood in Boston the other night. Who's gonna take a giant $300 BBQ ? Ya never know, he says. Great slow cooked ribs and pork shoulder on new years out out on da porch.

I hope your sled turns up DBomber

x = stolen board

y = time board will be out of sight

z = time to sprint 50 yards in hardboots

w = time for someone to alter course, pick up board and disappear

If y-w/z > 1 = z

Do the math and see what your chances are.

This holds true in any set (that is location no matter how safe it is)

PS I haven't had a math course in 35 years, but it looks just about right to me.

I had a windsurfing board stolen out of my side yard fairly recently...that stuff STINGS for a while. I think it was drunken teenagers who thought it was a surfboard...luckily it was one I only use for rare HUGE winds.

Got any pics of the ripped board? What color/model/size/bindings?????!!!!

Post it up, Bol members are all over the place...maybe someone will spot it and sell it back to you? ( kidding! )

Really though, give more info...Was it a spoon board? If not, carving boards really stick out and can be easily spotted. If no real picks then maybe someone else could post a pic of sam board....

good luck :(

They're all trucks. Though the 48 powerwagon is hard to start, hard to drive and it'd be a slow get-a-way at 40 mph.

But yeah, if you were a thief you'd love it. Most people get discouraged by the driveway though. They think it's just a dead end.

I wouldn't mind taken that out for a spin through the woods. sry to hear about the board it sucks to get one stolen thats why I always lock up mine. even at home I get piss when my wife leaves the garage door open since all of my boards are hanging up. We live in bumbleF NJ but you never know since I was one of those kids back in the day. an open garage door or unlocked door was just an invitation to have fun

I love how the people who live in them think that no one else that lives in one could be sleazy. You said you were watching cars, it was probably a neighbor of yours that jacked it.

Rich kids often are pretty bad theives even though they have no reason to steal since they have everything given to them. SR security often would catch kids who's parents were owners of condos jacking boards, skis, breaking car windows and other assorted things.