Note to New Members ×

The Great Minnesota Get Together IV

trent

As I was riding up the lift at buck today I was acompanied by an older lady. She inquired about my board. She askes if there are a lot of us. I say not too many. She says last week I was at Welch and there was a whole bunch of you guys, and you guys RUINED THE RUNS. Then it hits me. I overheard this lady complaining at Welch. She was still upset about our apparent distruction a week later. I got it kick out of it and had to share.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

powell1.8: Oh...What an opportunity?!

Being stuck on the lift with this grumpy 'ole cuss!! HA! :)

Isn't it unfortunate that hindsight is 20/20? I always hope to to find myself

in these situations..and having magically acquired the quick comedic wit

of someone like....like Groucho Marx.

groucho_marx.jpg

I suppose it might be good to have a repertoire on hand, should the time

arrive when stuck on the lift with such a salty skier and feeling frisky enough to

combat their sardonic statements. Let's see if Groucho has any retorts that

could come in handy...

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."

"I've had a perfectly wonderful chairlift experience. But this wasn't it."

"Now there's a woman with an open mind - you can feel the breeze from here!"

(Oh, this one is good..)

"Dig trenches? With our men being killed off by rogue skiers?

There isn't time to dig trenches. We have to buy them ready made!"

Try to play nice with the two plankers...

Even if it's really, really, really hard.

Happy carving!

ha! i was standing next to you when she said that! i then told the camera guys they missed a good quote. of course when they asked me about it later, while filming, all i could give them was the deer in the headlights. :freak3:

i've seen her a bunch at welch. bobble and i will look for her tomorrow. maybe try to catch a chair ride too.

-trent

Sorry to jump on this thread as I don't even know what the great MGT is but I got a dose of this "you carver's and your trenches" from a guy at Spirit Yesterday.

My reply "Jealous Much!! Oh yeah and I ski better than all yall."

I also did my duty of planting the seed when I rode up the lift with a ski racer. She admired my 'Painting' and I told her ski racers take it up with ease.

Sorry to jump on this thread as I don't even know what the great MGT is but I got a dose of this "you carver's and your trenches" from a guy at Spirit Yesterday.

My reply "Jealous Much!! Oh yeah and I ski better than all yall."

I also did my duty of planting the seed when I rode up the lift with a ski racer. She admired my 'Painting' and I told her ski racers take it up with ease.

what was the guy's problem? couldn't handle sharing the hill?

would be nice if more skiers would learn to carve instead of skating down the hill. what's the point of buying shaped skis if there not using the equipment to its fullest potential. most of the ski carvers on saturday had really low amplitude carves, maybe 2-3 feet wide. i hope that when they're out west they don't ski like that. there were a few that were exceptional.

My best guess about the sharp turns made by people was this...The Atmore was going on. The Atmore is one of the only FIS races in Minnesota. It happened to be Slalom day. The Racers are the only ones who have recieved the proper training to carve. had it been GS day you may have seen more big turns being made, none the less very few people enjoy the width of any run like a guy on a large radius carving board.

I raced at the Atmore when I was a kid and it's kind of a big deal. i saw that the Stratton Mountain School had traveled here for it. Thats along way to come to the flat lands.

Man I had a good time. That guy didn't spoil it for me, i was wearing a suit of armor made out of fun and he couldn't possibly dent it! Just a greasy little smudge:eplus2:

No cookies...Not anymore but i used to enjoy dropping the L and making railroad tracks with my roommates world cup 225's at Bridger Bowl.

It has left me permanently altered. Evolved perhaps. Slightly Braindamaged in a better sort of way??

Iam not Disco Stu, but you can tell by the way i use my walk I'm a ladies man, No time to talk...

• 3 weeks later...