Note to New Members ×

The Great Minnesota Get Together IV

trent

here's the welch update: they are blowing snow everywhere today! i didn't see any of the brown areas i saw a few days ago. the snow was great, and well groomed. bakki, dan's dive, wild finale, and foul play were all rip-roaring-fun.

under the guns, there's some softer snow. but they've upgraded most of the guns to the kind that swivel while they blow. so we shouldn't have to worry about any 30' piles of snow, like a few years ago. :biggthump

see everyone tomorrow!

-trent

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hill opens at 10. lifts might be going earlier.

plan is to meet at the lift outside the main chalet at 10. probably ride the front hills for a while and let the late sleepers arrive.

meet again at that lift around 2 to regroup. (and take the all-important group photo). :cool:

-trent

under the guns, there's some softer snow. but they've upgraded most of the guns to the kind that swivel while they blow. so we shouldn't have to worry about any 30' piles of snow, like a few years ago. :biggthump -trent

You would think we might get a groomed run. A bunch of people moaning about the grooming would not look good on TV.

BobD

thanks to everyone who came out to play yesterday! what a great day, and a great turn out. it was good to see that many carvers making trenches, and hearing some skiers complain about it. :biggthump

pete, your jumps were huge! we were all watching you while eating lunch. hopefully the camera guys got a few of you on film.

i'm trying to upload some of the limbo picts. i'll post again once they're in place.

-trent

Thanks everyone for coming out!

I can't tell if my ribs are hurting from all the laughs on the chairlift, or

from repeatedly slamming my chest into the snow during the limbo contest.

*OOf* Great time!!

Thanks for inviting "Minnesota Bound" Bob! Those guys were really cool.

They even let me take a couple runs with their camera taped to my leg.

I hope the footage turns out...

Catch Minnesota Bound at 10:30 p.m. Sunday nights and 6:30 p.m. Saturday nights on

KARE-11, Twin Cities. Minnesota Bound also airs in Duluth, Rochester and Fargo.

Wish I could have been there. Seems like there are more people every year! Maybe we could have another one in March if the weather holds. Sports Med doc say's that the ankle should be ready to ride on by then. I'll be at Buck on 1/21 with our D-Team. Maybe I can cram this cast into my soft boots w/o a liner and do some "gliding". :biggthump

Kenton