Note to New Members ×

The Great Minnesota Get Together IV

trent

It's getting close to January, time to start thinking about destroying some runs together. :eplus2:

If you've missed it the past few years, you've missed some fun times away from work! Yes, I said work. Yes, that means it's on a weekday. More room and more courd for us! Start planning your vacation / sickness now.

When: Wednesday, Jan. 10th, 2007

Where: Welch Village www.welchvillage.com

Time: 10am - ?

Cost: $42 for an all day ticket, plus any food or beverages.

Who: Anyone you know who likes to dig trenches.

Let's meet at 10 by the double chair off of the main chalet and take some group runs down the front hills while waiting for any late sleepers.

Here's one way to find us on the hill. Just look for scuff in his Zubaz jacket. :1luvu:

OK, someone plese post the picts, as I can't figure it out.

See you on the hill!

-trent

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Winter Carnival at Tech rocks. Almost went to college there, but UW had a much better guy/girl ratio :)

That's for damn sure. But they are a good school, and I didn't go to college to meet chicks. Yeah, it would have been nice to meet SOMEBODY, but I can't ask for everything, huh?

I knew a few from UW. And I'm a poet and didn't realize it..

Sorry about the hijack for the second time...:nono: I better lay low for a while...

Thanks for posting Trent!

The MES has had a great turout and has been a real

blast in previous years.. Do hope that our WI friends

can make the journey again, and we'll see some new faces as well.

Ha ha - Yeah. :D

I'll have to bring out my good ole'

"Ocean Paciffic day-glow/reversible-zebra" jacket again..

post-600-141842222793_thumb.gif

I have all kinds of ectra PVC and/or wood laying around. The hardest part is getting a bar that is long enough that doesn't flex down a bunch. The supports are easy, and proabbly easier built out of wood. I can draw up a plan real quick if someone up there wants to build it. 2X2, with a nice point,and dowels spaced at 1 inch intervals from a base snow line on the 2X2. Could also put the dowels in a 1 1/2 inch pvc pipe, just have to use an epoxy instead of a glue.

Brett

Sounds fun. Where is Welch and approx. how far away from Milwaukee is it? How does it compare to some of the hills in WI or the U.P. of MI.? Is this something that could be driven there, ride, and drive back in a day or do I need to get a hotel? I'm trying to think of people I know out that way...I hope I can make it!!! :biggthump

we need 15 (i think) for group rates. we haven't had that many people in the past. there're at least 2 of us with season passes there. so most people are paying. but like others have said. it's a pretty nice hill (for the midwest) :cool:

they do have a cheaper ticket available at some local stores. i haven't checked into them yet, but will soon. i'll post the details when i have them.

-trent