Note to New Members ×

Madd

Guest Cheri

What's up with the custom names that some Madd boards have at the tail? I acquired a BX board, "The Annunciator," from Shaggy last spring. (Haven't ridden it yet but it looks like the perfect all mountain ride/quiver-killer for PNW riders.)

Who picks the name? Does every board get one or is it a per-order kind of thing?

What's up with the custom names that some Madd boards have at the tail? I acquired a BX board, "The Annunciator," from Shaggy last spring. (Haven't ridden it yet but it looks like the perfect all mountain ride/quiver-killer for PNW riders.)

Who picks the name? Does every board get one or is it a per-order kind of thing?

I know that for the first run of new boards, every buyer got to put the name he wanted on the board. This was before they started building them, so it was half custom, half production run. I don't know if they still do it though.

I know that for the first run of new boards, every buyer got to put the name he wanted on the board. This was before they started building them, so it was half custom, half production run. I don't know if they still do it though.

Well, the buyer did not exactly "get" to name the board, every buyer was required to name it something. And it was from a list of pre-selected names. Other than the name on the top sheet, there was NOTHING custom about the decks. Fun ride though! Would still love to get on a 158!

Well, the buyer did not exactly "get" to name the board, every buyer was required to name it something. And it was from a list of pre-selected names. Other than the name on the top sheet, there was NOTHING custom about the decks. Fun ride though! Would still love to get on a 158!

not sure where you got the preselected names part? When I got mine I picked something personal, although I would have been fine with not naming it at all.

.You could name your own if you ordered early . But if you were late Shread came up with the rest.

as far as I know, the ones with the green sidewalls were soft, too soft for me unless it was super icey, then it would work fine

willywhit, when you gonna hit WA WA?

Gleb was supposed to come out today but he is NOT being responsible, he is studying for finals tomorrow

only a slacker would blow off snowboarding for school

not sure where you got the preselected names part? When I got mine I picked something personal, although I would have been fine with not naming it at all.

Got it from a list of names to choose from. Maybe I was "late" in the selection process? Don't know. Kinda wanted to do something more personal, say initials or something, and they weren't going for that. Didn't want to do the name thing to begin with, but that wasn't an option.

I recently re-read the original e-mail from Shred and remembered that I was able to pick a name from that HUGE list (I chose "The Scribe" - seemed cool enough I guess). Yeah, the naming thing was kinda odd at the time, but I guess that was the point. That deck had some de-lam issues with the CF X-wing and was replaced with "The One" (red sidewall). A little nicer overall finish - same flex and ride. FUN BOARD! Had a chance to demo a 180 for a few runs - also LOTS of fun! Not really the un-predictable ride that I anticipated from all the forum "talk" (flex and some unknown HUGE sidecut :confused: ) - rode like a 15-16m board. Very predictable and fun.