Note to New Members ×

the NEW? carvemaster??

dr. sandman

OK, I was pretty sure it was recycled..... and was also wondering if it was Jim C. (in fact I searched for his avtar before posting but he changed it :nono: )

Funny thing is that this came via a fwd. fwd. fwd. fwd. fwd.....etc. email of 'funny pictures' from my bro-in-law who is so far removed from the carving community it isn't even funny!!

Way to hit the mainstream carver!!

at least his knees are apart, or Bordy and a few others would have a heart attack and launch into a lecture about how he's holding everyone back.

that playground toy is WAY outdated though. Get with the times!

This is why I cant stand this forum anymore.

Thanks Dave... thats it...

Just delete Bomber from my favorites......

Speaking as one of the "few others" the picture does illustrate the motorcycle "road racer" knee on the ground style.

There are a lot of motorcycle riders on this forum and if you have ever been lucky enough to go to a track day and "drag" your knee along the pavement (on purpose) it is an exhilrating experience. You never forget the first time your knee slides along the pavement (wearing sliders or knee pucks). The exact same thing can be accomplishes on a snowboard. Come on..............give it a try.............dont knock it till you try it. Thanks.

The thing is that even as motorcycle form it sucks....look at the angle of the Panda...it's not very leaned over yet the knee is scrapping...in the words of Keith Code he's reaching for the pavement. In the carving world he'd be guilty of reaching for the snow. Now I have dragged a knee a time or two but only on a track and at the time I didn't notice it because I was so into getting around the track...of course after the fact when I noticed the scratches on my pucks I was stoked...

I think the term "carvemaster" may leave a bad taste in some people's mouths here. Like sucking on a lemon while someone is trying to play thier tuba in the thread parade.

Nice going D, Bordy is now fully heated and not apt to hand out any carving pearls of wisdom here over pitchers and shots since the sarcastic smartess at the end of the bar wants to heckle. :flamethro knuckleheads

suggestion respected:

give it a name

ok, edit done for the sensitive palates, respectfully.

can we have fun again?

edit: just for the record, in the original naming of this thread, I had no intention of suggesting any likeness or any association whatsoever with a certain likeness of the thread name. Just bad coincidence. My foopah.

Respectfully,

Dr. Sandman

I wasn't thinking that :argue: I was looking at the photo and thinking that my trackday instructor would be saying the same thing to me as a carving instructor would if he/she saw me reaching for the ground but hell if people are sensitive then

This is why I cant stand this forum anymore.

Thanks Dave... thats it...

Just delete Bomber from my favorites......

Bordy. It was a joke, bro. You take yourself way too seriously. Honest to god it was a JOKE funny ha-ha. Your input rocks, except when you're tearing people a new ---hole for reasons known only to you.

Speaking as one of the "few others" the picture does illustrate the motorcycle "road racer" knee on the ground style.

There are a lot of motorcycle riders on this forum and if you have ever been lucky enough to go to a track day and "drag" your knee along the pavement (on purpose) it is an exhilrating experience. You never forget the first time your knee slides along the pavement (wearing sliders or knee pucks). The exact same thing can be accomplishes on a snowboard. Come on..............give it a try.............dont knock it till you try it. Thanks.

never ridden a speed bike on a track. It looks awesome, and learning how to hang like that is probably an incredible experience.

guys...it was a joke...don't flip.

The thing is that even as motorcycle form it sucks....look at the angle of the Panda...it's not very leaned over yet the knee is scrapping...in the words of Keith Code he's reaching for the pavement. In the carving world he'd be guilty of reaching for the snow. Now I have dragged a knee a time or two but only on a track and at the time I didn't notice it because I was so into getting around the track...of course after the fact when I noticed the scratches on my pucks I was stoked...

did you just critique his panda riding technique?

Just like we tease Jack about his secret addiction to asym boards...:p;):ices_ange:biggthump

:AR15firin:eplus2::lol:

Secret? It's no secret that Jack has a quiver full of asyms including the asym of all asym's, the Aggression Stealth

and he rides them with his knees literally strapped together.