Note to New Members ×

WANTED! Craig Kelly pro models

S-Fource

Burton Craig Kelly Pro Models: :confused: As good condition as possible. I am trying to complete my collection. i have the resources to repair some damage but the appearance needs to be somewhat nice. I am especially looking for a First Generation kelly Air. The one with the yellow/orange/black "scribble" top sheet.

There's a Sundown Ski on Long Island that has what you are looking for on their wall. Maybe they want to sell.

Sundown Ski

47 Northern Blvd.

Greenvale NY 11548

516-621-6668

It's the black/red/yellow scribble paint. I didn't look at the base, but the top looked ok. It had wear but no big problems.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lotus SE

I have a 1995 Craig Kelly 168cm (scary Tree version)

burton1996kellyair68topva3.jpgI love this board, and used it up until 1 year ago. I still think this old Kelly is a better design than anything i have seen since. it was very fast and stable, and amazing in the powder and moguls.

And I think you were talking about the first Kelly board the 1990 Craig Kelly Air

burton1990kellyairtopiv3.jpg

and this 1992

burton1992kellyairtopwu6.jpg

I also found this 1993

burton1993kellyair61topir5.jpg

and this 1994

burton1994kellyair61topzx4.jpg

Guest Lotus SE
is the scary tree one forsale?

Seriously doubt that I'll part with that board... Since it was the last Craig Kelly made, and it still is my favorite board.

I'm slightly interested though in a goofy asym/sym Burton carving board like a Factory Prime or PJ (168cm+).

Guest Lotus SE
:biggthump Hey That 1992 Is the addition to my collection that I am looking for most :eek: . I have the screaming tree. How much for the '92?

Yeah, you want the yellow, orange, and black '90 Kelly (Mystery Air)

I only have the '95 Scary Tree.

Good luck. I have a '92 Air 6.1, and those older boards just don't hold up well. The Ptex was soft, and the edges softer. Also can't believe those old 5 bolt bindings and lack of range of adjustment compared to the 3D system we are all used to.

It is truly amaizing how far the sport has come. I still remember riding a Burton Cruze 155 in Sorels :eek: . It's a wonder I never broke a foot.

all my Kelly boards are retired and go on the wall at Berg's Snowboard Shop. Not for riding. My customers love to see the sports history. :D

Guest Lotus SE
It is truly amaizing how far the sport has come. I still remember riding a Burton Cruze 155 in Sorels :eek: . It's a wonder I never broke a foot.

I did the exact same thing, same board too. Cruze 155 and Sorels, man those hurt. I painted my Cruze with two solar eclipses merging into one on a black tail, and a white nose with flames...

I destroyed a Kelly Air or Kelly pro model from '92 ?. It was more red/pink and black and was a sweet ride. We had great snow that year in the Butte, but I still managed to find every uncovered cliff band in the area. It took some major hits and I didn't officially retire the board until the next year when I finished an early season powder day with four inches of heelside edge missing. OOPS. Rode that board with Nitro bindings, Koflach superpipes and Elfgen tongues to even out the pressure from the straps.

It was the bomb. :biggthump

Would love to find another. If anyone uncovers one while banging around let me know.

Great thread BTW

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...