Note to New Members ×

How big a gun ya got!

C5 Golfer

Lets see how big the bores are out there. .30 Cal and smaller - no need to report in! :biggthump

In cartridge rifles 45/70 is my biggest dia but my

.375 HH Mag Ruger #1 single shot is my most powerful centerfire. Beautiful piece of highly figured walnut was made for this guy.

I shot a .460 Weatherby years ago but after 2 shots of extreme punishment did not see a reason to make an offer on it.

I just bought a 30-06, but you don't care about that. Im getting a .40SW Glock in a few weeks though. I have the wants for a MRI Desert Eagle Mk XIX in Titanium Nitride finish with some Custom Ivory Grips. .50AE of course :biggthump The Range in the next town up has one for rent...man that thing is a hoot to shoot.

Are we sticking with rifle, or including shotgun too?

I've a got a 10ga shotgun for the largest overall bore in my collection, and a drilling that is 12X12X8x57, the 8x57 being the largest rifle bore I've got.

I am always looking to trade / buy / sell as a collector, not as a business.

Here is link to my latest update on my website:

http://www.fishrising.net/home/rodgun/ForSale/index.html

I've still got a Beretta 686 Covey Quail Unlimited 20ga to post...

I haven't updated the page in a bit.

Used to have a 45-70 rolling block that I used for Black Powder Sillohette (I never spell that right).

Currently (not counting the slug gun), I have a Sako in 7mm Rem Mag.

Hey, me too! It wasn't an original Remington (THAT would be worth some serious $$$!). Pedersoli case-hardened receiver, customized stocks and a Douglas heavy round barrel (1-18" twist), topped off with C. Sharps Arms mid-range rear (tang) and globe front. BPCR is a very fun and unique shooting discipline. I sold it to a friend just recently. Kinda miss it but I hadn't shot the thing in years. The $ was put to good use :biggthump

With about 68 gr. (by volume) of FFg or Cartridge grade GOEX and a 500 gr bullet, she kicked pretty good! VERY accurate! At one time (many years ago) I had a Shiloh on order (4-year wait at the time) and had to cancel the order due to other financial issues.

the only thing I have right now is a 30-06...used to have a .357 that my dad gave me to hunt in Guam but I returned it to him before I moved to Japan...I have the "I want's" for a one of these

UB-1873CattlemanNM_Bird4.75.jpg

Those Ubertis are nice - always loved that particular config. of the Colt SAA. Thought about one of those myself a while back - .45 LC would have been the cal. of choice for me.

Are we sticking with rifle, or including shotgun too?

I've a got a 10ga shotgun for the largest overall bore in my collection, and a drilling that is 12X12X8x57, the 8x57 being the largest rifle bore I've got.

I am always looking to trade / buy / sell as a collector, not as a business.

Here is link to my latest update on my website:

http://www.fishrising.net/home/rodgun/ForSale/index.html

I've still got a Beretta 686 Covey Quail Unlimited 20ga to post...

I haven't updated the page in a bit.

ohh! I like 20s, mighty fine bird gun

I hate a beat up bird hence my love for the small gauge shotguns

ohh! I like 20s, mighty fine bird gun

I hate a beat up bird hence my love for the small gauge shotguns

I too am a small bore advocate...my favorite gauge of all time is a 28 then followed by a 16. I am heading to Maine on the 15th to find me some timber doodles and grouse. I'll be bringing 2 guns with me, my 28, and if I get good weather I may pull out an old 16ga hammer gun and shoot black powder shells through her. Here is a link to the 16, I am trying to find more info on the gun itself...

http://www.fishrising.net/home/rodgun/belgorgerm/index.htm

30-378 weatherby

25-06 Ruger

35 Whelen

7mm

338 magnum

44 magnum super blackhawk

257 Weatherby magnum

45-70 marlin guide

338 Lapua

What can I say Its Montana.

I also have a custom tactical AR15 competition rifle in a .223

Not a big gun per say as its unofficially known as a mouse gun

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone without permit?

I do not have one... but I do not have guns :biggthump

Now if anyone... I will get both :p

No permit is required for normal use or open carry in this state. Only concealed carry requires permits unless you get into class III stuff like machine guns and silencers etc. Some states do not allow open carry and some cities have more stringent laws so check your local laws. every state is different.