Note to New Members ×

Oregon Expression Session (OES) 2007

Mike T

Dates: March 8 - 11, 2007 (Thursday thru Sunday)

I'm planning on this being a casual, "show up and ride" event, however if anyone with a demo fleet wants to bring one I'd be more than happy to work it into the plan.

Beginners are highly encouraged to attend - Bachelor has some fantastic terrain for learning to carve. Last year we had riders of all abilities and everyone had a blast.

As the event draws nearer I'll post links to lift ticket deals, lodging, etc.

Party at either my place or Deschutes Brewpub or both :D

Save the date!

P.S. If there is another event already scheduled for that weekend that I am unaware of, please speak up ASAP. Also, if you're interested in doing photography/video, please contact me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The OES 2007 website is up!

http://www.oregones.com

The Phots page includes a short video featuring action from last year's event - beginners as well as experts. As a reminder, beginners are highly encouraged to attend as Mt Bachelor has some fabulous beginner terrain and a great trail system for working your way up.

I'd also like to once again thank www.finelineclub.com for hosting a gallery of pix from last year's event:

http://www.finelineclub.com/pics/main.php?g2_itemId=4584

Hey, that'll be a lot easier for me to attend than SES!

How many attended last year? Do you have an idea of numbers? Also, will there be some coaching available for a learning carver? Informal is perfectly fine.

Thanks!

Joel

Last year there were between 6 and 16 riders on the various days. Hoping for more this year. There are two hardboot instructors in the Bend area perhaps I'll be able to convince some others to attend the event. If you're looking for informal instruction, just show up and several of the more expert riders will be able to help you.

• 2 months later...

8 weeks till OES!

The conditions at Bachelor have been nothing short of fantastic this season. I'd be riding right now but I'm on Daddy Duty this morning (and I'm sore after 40K+ vertical feet yesterday)

We've added an RSVP feature to the OES web site. I would like to ask everyone who's coming to RSVP there (or, send me an email, mt@tovino.com) so I can keep track of the event size. There's a section on the RSVP form for "need loaner gear" and another section for "have gear to loan".

I don't expect the event to be big enough to warrant a demo tent, but am working with a few individuals who may be able to bring some demos out. We'd do demo set up at my house in the evenings, at in the parking lot before the lifts open, and at lunch time.

or from Mike Jacoby. "You snowboard fine, you just need to be more aggressive". As Mike T is going to Sun Peaks, he'll know all about that!

We wound up with Lisa Kosglow instead of Mike Jacoby. Probably an even-up swap... Lisa is a completely awesome coach. But she wasn't as aggression-focused as I've heard Mike is ;)

All I know is, my PR188 felt small last Saturday morning. Bryan is probably salivating over the thought of me on a Tinkler 2-something as soon as he read that :biggthump

P.S. I think some posts just got deleted!

P.P.S. I think I just threadjacked my own thread!

Mike and Bonney go WAY out of their way to give to the alpine community. This is your chance to get in on OES before it is a Mega Event.

So, you can sit at the bar with all the up starts saying. "Yep, I was at the OES when the DEMO fleet was run out of Mike's Garage.

Lots of photos of Mt Bachelor on either oldsnowboards.com or finelineclub.com

Missed two years ago due to work commitments, last year due to injury...I swear I'm going to make it this year though.

Looking forward to tearing it up with y'all in Bend. Mike, thanks much for organizing!

Dan or any other Portland-area carvers, are you at all interested in carpooling or accommodation sharing? I'm young, small, and broke, and don't mind riding in the middle of a backseat or sleeping on a floor. I'll split gas and housing costs, obviously, but I'm trying to make it to this thing on a tight budget.

Hey dshack, we can probably work out carpooling if you're interested. Lodging's not going to work out though - as things stand now, I'll be going with my girlfriend and crashing at her parents' place in Bend.

What's your schedule like? I'd probably want to head out the night of Thursday 8, ride Fri/Sat and come back Sunday.

Coming back Sunday night after riding?

I don't know - Grandpa has to work on Monday. Most likely I won't ride on Sunday and leave Bend moderately early.

If anything, I might be persuaded to stop at Meadows on the way back to Portland and make some turns there.