Note to New Members ×

Longboard!!!

Buell

That's just the coolest, surfiest snowboard I've ever seen.

The mother of pearl or whatever it is adds the perfect "ocean" detail...reminding us of snowboarding's surfing ancestry and attitude.

Truly an amazing, breathtaking work of art. Even sexier than an Arbor woody.

Thanks for sharing!

( May the clueless liftline jackasses restrain themselves from dinging it...)

Thanks Bryan, the Pogo seems to be absolutely as solid as it is beautiful! I've got a lot to live up to on the mountain!

Hey Pow, we pondered putting a mop on my head (I am "hair challenged") and throwing some clothes around for the photo, but hey, it's been done before with a Pogo. :biggthump I can not wait to ride it in different conditions. I trust there is some alpine influence in there somewhere coming from Pogo.

Dano, I was thinking I would read through the "how to arm your board" threads again. Maybe I'd also get some pointers from the concealed weapons thread going on in Off Topic. I will NOT be running over the tails of a few of those guys. ;)

I was considering putting death spikes on the tail of my alpine, but i dont want to take away from the natural beauty of the snowboard. I dont even use a stomp pad for that same reason

edit: And dont you go copying me:nono: theres only room for one photo of a teenage addrenaline junkie with a sweet powder board;)

I was considering putting death spikes on the tail of my alpine, but i dont want to take away from the natural beauty of the snowboard. I dont even use a stomp pad for that same reason

Pow, you are young, smarter than most and you know the whole "Stomp Pad" debate right! It is likely to raise some hair, but they just make sense for so many reasons. It is an excellent example of common sense vs machismo. Granted I am not looking to goober up 1800$ custom snowboard with a 10$ stomp pad, yet clearing my heel so I can quickly and safely board same rocket ship makes sense? Yes? Many of my best and most respected alpine brotherin are NOT interested in adding a stomp pad. I understand, it distracts, it is not needed (ie: I am an expert and a stomp pad is for newbies). I have also witnessed them struggling to get the heel to locked in, bouncing off rutty , icy exit platforms. I only know that that little piece of plastic is a great value and it looks much better than an injury or the back of the guy that just jooked me heading for the untracked. Let the flaming begin. Stepping off soap box. Back to normal :rolleyes: Bryan

I understand your point of view too, and id probably be a little less sore if i had invested in one. I guess im just willing to experience a little pain for the sake of a clean topsheet

:smashfrea

(ohh, and if youve ever ridden the moorse mountain chairlift at smugglers notch VT, you know that even for an experienced rider a stomp pad is usefull)

Just be careful what stomps you use, some of the smaller bubble ones are unintrusive. I know that a lot of Virus owners use them because of the unique beauty of their topsheets, I recommend them. It doesn't really matter who manufactures them, some of them will fall off. But when you're only paying $5 for more than you need you can afford to replace a few over the season.

Anyone riding on an icy exit knows what you're talking about Bryan. Sometimes it just makes sense.

Yea thats the way to ride. No traction with the back foot unless its strapped in.... Falling on traverses blocking the traverses for riders with stomp pads tring to get by, but need to stop and hike the rest of the way because you are to cool to but a adhisive traction pad in a place your foot goes any time it is not attached? Plus you can look cool at the lodge with your "clean looking" stick after falling while getting on and off the chair lift, but still keeping yout cool guy clean look. But my TOY has no eye sores or scratches???????????? Its a TOY!!!!!

PS I wish stomp pads looked like butts so I could kick some butt every time I use mine!

I have a 175 (wood) Pogo Longboard (for eight seasons) and yes it's a bloody shame to use a pad on this board. It's the most versatile board I have ever ridden, and it's fast and stable, no shatter at high speeds, titanal: not needed!!! GSSkiers :flamethro can't follow my trail :sleep::eplus2:, even on softies they can't beat me (avatar) . My next board will be a Pogo Longboard 200 cm!! No need to use a stomp pad, it's ugly and of no use on this one. You will like this one a lot.

Greets, Hans.

edit: And dont you go copying me:nono: theres only room for one photo of a teenage addrenaline junkie with a sweet powder board;)

Pow, you seem like such a nice Kid! See what you started now? :AR15firin

The LINE has been drawn!! Remember , we are all friends that love alpine :ices_ange

If you got on the stomp pad thing from my comment on the noboard pad, you should all look at trying your big boards with NO BINDINGS.

This stomp pad talk is strange... who cares if you cover a bit of your graphics... at least you'll be able to hang on the traverses, as Bordy points out.

The noboard pad replaces the bindings, but if you don't want to commit like that, put a stomp pad behind each binding and stand on them with both feet out for good times.

Bring a leg rope, or you'll be walking home.