Note to New Members ×

Burton jumping on the retro apparel bandwagon

FTA2R

I'm kinda glad that some of the big companies have not gone squeaky clean, I remember boards with skeletons smoking fatties on the bases and stuff like that, once the sport went mainstream most of that dissapeared

I'm kinda glad that some of the big companies have not gone squeaky clean, I remember boards with skeletons smoking fatties on the bases and stuff like that, once the sport went mainstream most of that dissapeared

... that this is cynical MBA marketing genius driven fake bad attitude. That's my cents anyway.

... that this is cynical MBA marketing genius driven fake bad attitude. That's my cents anyway.

couldn't agree with you more. This is <b>Burton</b>, not Your Favorite Small Maker. It's stunningly cynical for Burton to play the anti-Establishment card, because they are the $#@%ing Establishment.

I would laugh and cheer to see Madd's Sadd Little Boy with a spliff in his hand next year, but Burton cynical, marketing-driven decision to cop this attitude stinks. It's stunning that the park rats can't see through them.

don't do burton, the B is uncool in that circle for the most part

not much has really changed with them as far as how the company has portrayed it's self since the early 90s

no **** it's marketing and that was my point, most companies that get huge and are looking to sell all the gear they can fear pissy bible thumping mothers that don't like suggestive ads and products

Hey, I clicked on the "Find a Dealer" button and didn't get anything like what I was expecting!

:lol:

Apparently some Bakoda tools are built to do double-duty. Both the McIver and Jimmy Driver tools have a built-in bowl that allows you to use them to smoke, umm, herbs.

the park monkeys hate burton, possibly more than the alpine riders. theres always a huge thread about it, with just about every frequent poster offering up their hate. My theory is, burton riding will be viewed as a completely different dicipline. theres the powderfreaks, the park monkeys, the alpine carvers, and those pussys on burtons (new burtons, not the good stuff they stopped making)

although i do have to say, having a huge commercial snowboard company comes in handy when im looking for tools and a carrying case for my hats (wtf?)

on burton splits and the taipered boards.

you guys post about burton like it's the worst product out there, sure I have other favorites than burton stuff but most of their **** is pretty solid

The Baron ES, Vapor, T6 and Custom are all solid rides, same goes for their bindings the P1 performs as well as any other softboot binding I have been on including Catek freerides and nidecker carbons

you guys bash burton but half of you praise oxygen(AKA Atomics skis) like it's the friggin' holy grail of snowboards

there are a lot of things wrong with the company no doubt but it's not like they're solomon or something

on burton splits and the taipered boards.

you guys post about burton like it's the worst product out there, sure I have other favorites than burton stuff but most of their **** is pretty solid

The Baron ES, Vapor, T6 and Custom are all solid rides, same goes for their bindings the P1 performs as well as any other softboot binding I have been on including Catek freerides and nidecker carbons

you guys bash burton but half of you praise oxygen(AKA Atomics skis) like it's the friggin' holy grail of snowboards

there are a lot of things wrong with the company no doubt but it's not like they're solomon or something

As you say they make good bindings. I can't comment on the P1 but my C14s are sweet and I was also happy with the Customs before them. Not to mention Torques and Flex.

Also I owe my introduction to the whole sport to a chance meeting with Jake Burton Carpenter way back in 1982. As a consequence for years I always bought Burton and was happy from Backhill to Cruzer to M6. Also had a Twisted and a Custom. Custom was a very fun little ride but I bought too short at 156 and the tail washed out.

Of the current lineup I like the look of the T6, Custom X and Triumph.

And the couple of Burton people I had a beer with one time in Tokyo were good people. For all I know maybe they were marketing guys ;-)

My only serious gripes with Burton are that they dropped alpine and that they refuse to change to 4 hole insert pattern.

My only serious gripes with Burton are that they dropped alpine and that they refuse to change to 4 hole insert pattern.

That's 'cause 2X is the next big thing!:rolleyes:

Seriously, though, I do enjoy high end Burton boards and I am considering another one this year.

As you say they make good bindings. I can't comment on the P1 but my C14s are sweet and I was also happy with the Customs before them. Not to mention Torques and Flex.

Yeah, I got El Cartel. I've always pretty much always return to Burton bindings, no matter what other companies bindings Ive purchased in the past. Im referring to soft boots bindings. I have had Salomon bindings, and I really like the S5 wings bindings, esp the carbon version. BUT, Burton's got those adjustable cup to the foot plate, which I dig the greatest deal. Other companies Ive bought in the past -- Salomon, Preston (those old baseless bindings), and some others I cant remember in my distant past.

why should smoking (cigs or pot) have anything to do with snowboarding (the act itself, that is).

I would say that smoking pot has a lot to do with the birth of snowboarding...and certainly with the dawn of the highback binding

With the quick and easy use of hardboot bindings, the ratchets have become a major pain in the @$$ for me. Flows are pretty much the only softboot bindings i go for nowadays. although i must say, burton's bindings are the only thing i liked when i rode my friend's all-burton setup a few times (i believe they were cartels).