Note to New Members ×

BLADE board. First Look

alexgforce

Sweet graphics! But have you heard from Sims yet??

I like the specs, both boards will be great for freecarving.

However, I don't know of any race/carving board maker using biaxial glass, so that claim on the spec sheet is a little tall.

congrats!

:biggthump

NICE. I have some questions:

What are the ridingcharacteristics of this board??? I assume you have tested this one before taking it into the productionline.

Can I order the board directly from Donek?

Because if it has first to go from the US to Greece and then to Holland it will cost me.

That white thing at the bottom, is that a damper to save the bottom??

I think as it comes from Donek, you can build it to your ridingstyle/weight and so on??

Well, and at last the price.

Greets, Hans.

Nice looking! If I ever have the chance I'll demo one. Tried a Swoard 175 soft at SES - it was too soft and probably too wide for my size 25's (angles were in the high 30's which itself would take more to get used to than a couple of demo runs would alllow), so although my test of that particular board wasn't very good I'd try others with a similar shape.

For more information concerning the specs go to the website indicated below..

Im not seeing any weblink. someone else pointed these out recently, and when I tried to click on specs nothing happened.

yup...found it...

http://www.gforcecarving.com/products.html

and, again...I click on "board specification sheet" and nothing happens.

site problems?

edit. nevermind. I had to allow popups. 180 might be interesting.

good luck with that!

Other than the graphics (or shipping if you live in Greece), what is the advantage of buying the board from G-Force vs buying direct from Donek?

The board looks like a modified version of the FCII (same nose profile). Also, from the website description of the board, it seems like the G-Force board is using the standard Donek construction instead of using the Olympic upgrade.

I suppose it is time I respond to some of these questions. G-force gave me the specs for the boards and relied on my engineering. We have discussed these boards in detail with regards to their needs, but may be making changes before next season. That will be up to G-force. The agreement at this time is that G-force has the European market for these boards and we will offer them as part of our line in the US and Canada only.

This moves us to some other issues regarding European shipping. We are being forced to discontinue our all inclusive Euro price structure next season. This is primarily do to the fact that very few of the countries being serviced adhear to their published tax rates. As many of you know this program established a price that included the taxes for European countries and we took the responsibility of paying them. We have done so, but many countries charge double their published rates and some triple. Finland has become the worst charging $500 in taxes on one board. It actually cost us money to get this individual his board. The problem really lies in that these countries know we have absolutely no recourse unless we hire a lawyer in their country to deal with them.

The solution we plan to offer is web links to detailed information on each countries tax rates so that the purchaser can deal with their own countries customs officials personally. As a citizen, we hope that you will be able to work more effectively with your customs department and get them to adhear to their own policies. I am very dissapointed we are being forced to discontinue this program, but we are loosing money on almost every shipment to Europe.

We have offered EC shaped boards in our line for a couple of years, but have failed to aggressively market them. It is my hope that G-force will be able to effectively take on this task. EC has established itself as a niche within the carving market. From what I saw of the European riders at SES, there is a definite tendency towards wider boards in that part of the world. Working with G-Force gives us added ability to market in europe and combat the customs issues with an agent in the european community.

Other than the graphics (or shipping if you live in Greece), what is the advantage of buying the board from G-Force vs buying direct from Donek?

The board looks like a modified version of the FCII (same nose profile). Also, from the website description of the board, it seems like the G-Force board is using the standard Donek construction instead of using the Olympic upgrade.

Yes, they are, but if you read it carefully, Donek is using another kind of material for the base for this one than the 'normal' Donek:

P-Tex 4000 Electra Base :1luvu:

Greets, Hans.