Note to New Members ×

Chris Klug Website Purchasing

Guest RotoryflightRipper

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense to Klug/Burton, but any particular reason for that purchase plan? 3-hole binding mounts are increasingly difficult to find, I doubt there's much if any warranty on those boards, they are old (except the Addicted ones). Seems a better deal to buy a brand new, awesome Donek, Prior or any board you find on Bomber.

That said, I can't help you with your original question. :smashfrea

I think I ordered something from them once...don't even remember what so I dont quite know how helpful this is. From what I remember it went smoothly, but I could be getting them confuzzled with something else. I want to order a FP from them, I'll let you know how that order works out.

Sineure: Burton is the only manufacturer that makes 3-hole bindings. The bombers and the Cateks both have 3-hole and 4-hole patterns in them. Also, the old burton carvers are great boards, and for the price...well, need I say more?

________

Mazda Luce Picture

im going with Sinecure on this, for not much more then 500 you can get a great board made by a local company that is respected and trusted. The burton boards hardly anyone rides them and to get detail on how they ride you would have to look for the japanese riders as that is burtons market

I checked out the website and ordered a teeshirt, which is currently on me :biggthump

Don't know about ordering boards.....

The boards are never ridden new and $160. You really can't beat the price, as long as you realize you are buying 8 year old tech.

im going with Sinecure on this, for not much more then 500 you can get a great board made by a local company that is respected and trusted. The burton boards hardly anyone rides them and to get detail on how they ride you would have to look for the japanese riders as that is burtons market

I understand completley, because I ride a beautiful coiler, but $160 vs. $500+ is a no brainer for a college student or someone else with less than an awesome job. Like me, $7.50 an hour 4 hours a week AND in college. I'll go with two or three FPs for less than a new coiler because thats what I can afford.

I really just want to see how they ride, I've ridden with a few people who own them and they rip. Looks like fun to me. And for $160 I really can't go wrong, 8 Year old tech or not. Hell, you pay better than $160 every time you put yourself in 20-40+ year old technology to fly in an airplane. Unless you fly in one of the gorgeous new triple sevens :1luvu: . But really, they rode well 8 years ago, whats different now. I was baffled when I found out that the fleet of Cessna 172's at my school were flying on 160 hp opposed 4's. Fuel injection was added later for the convenience of starting in cold weather. 8 years old isn't old to me.

________

ISLAM ADVICE

I was baffled when I found out that the fleet of Cessna 172's at my school were flying on 160 hp opposed 4's. Fuel injection was added later for the convenience of starting in cold weather. 8 years old isn't old to me.

Fuel Injection also helps if you fly upside down! :smashfrea

Your argument re: the boards makes sense. Go for it. I had a FP 178 for a few years and it was a great board. Just make sure you can get 3-hole disks for whatever bindgings you plan to mount. The Classified section of BOL is a good source.

Actually, you can fly gravity fed carbourated through inverted maneuvers, the g-load is always pulling the fuel "down". Its pretty cool. But ANYWHO. The issue with 3-hole isn't a problem, both bombers and cateks have 3 and 4 hole mounts :biggthump I love it when designers plan ahead (or behind in the case of burton)

________

IOLITE PORTABLE VAPORIZER

i had good experiences with them, including returning a board. Chris himself replied to me once. A woman named Molly helped out greatly a few years ago. double check for the contact info or call Burton anyway and explain your situation. Also do a search for "klugriding" or something similar b/c this topic has come up and been addressed before. good luck.

I really just want to see how they ride, I've ridden with a few people who own them and they rip. Looks like fun to me. And for $160 I really can't go wrong, 8 Year old tech or not.

Sorry bout that, i thought you were talking about an addicted.

if you are talking about the 160 ones then take it, great deal, my local mountain last year was trying to sell both alpine boots and snowboards for in excess of 600 a pop, for the FP and UP boards, Fire, wind, reactor boots.

I ended up buying thier pair of fires, they hadnt sold for the last 3 years for 250AUD,

If i can get an FP or UP (i know i will be thier only buyer for the season) in a length greater the 170 then i will buy it, getting them down on price aint hard.

Although binding companies offer 3 hole options you usually have to pay for the extra discs so you should add that to the cost as well. And just like most things you get what you pay for. If you are on a budget, or a spring rock board awesome deal. If you are looking for something to add to your quiver.....well it's probably best to save up for a better product like some of the other board options mentioned.

And for $160 I really can't go wrong, 8 Year old tech or not.

Or, if you need cheap, look for Oxygens on eBay. I got my little slalom board for somewhere between $60 and $80. Otherwise I wouldn't have gotten a new board.

You are the poor college student, I'm the poor wife and mother whose husband just got laid off.... :eek:

this is sort of off topic,

but do all burton boards come with 3 hole, this includes the new 06' models

also this post is a milestone in my bomber carrer i am finally not a grommet

Alpine boards yes (except for some older ones?), now they have a new hole system for some models with one row of inserts so you only use 2 screws.

i have a 99? UP and its decent enough for a college kid, me being one. The technology might be dated but it does the job.

$160 is unbeatable in my opinion.

<threadjack>

Justin, i didnt realize you lived so close to me. Next season, i'll be going up to Cannon alot ($25 mid week for students). Its my fave mtn because no one is there midweek and it has a large variety of terrain. Let me know if you take trips there too.

</threadjack>

Owning an asym Burton Alp 157 made me dislike the entire line of Burton alpine boards. But since then, I've seen people rip on Factory Primes, and I have ridden a Burton Coil 165 and Burton Alp 171 and really liked those boards.

The learning experience is that for the Alp/Coil, the board flex is pretty soft. So Burton's recommended rider weight is way off.

So if you're on the low end of Burton recommended weight range for the board, you have a good chance of enjoying the board. If you're in the middle to upper end of the range, the board will probably be too soft.

So if you're on the low end of Burton recommended weight range for the board, you have a good chance of enjoying the board. If you're in the middle to upper end of the range, the board will probably be too soft.

Thats been my experience with both their alpine and freeride boards. Exception: My wife has a Fish 150, she's at the top end of the range, and loves it.

Gleb: Im at cannon about half the time. I got a threedom pass this year :angryfire and then realized that I hate all 3 of the mountains. So I split my time between them and cannon. I love the $25 student rate to death, but next year Im getting the cannon/gunstock/sunapee pass, 3 amazingly better mountains than the Threedom Pass resorts. See you there! I'll be the guy with the new old board.

Im well above the reccomended weight range for my current burton and love it on everything except steeps. Its a Burton AMP 5.3 (153) and I'm 6' 240#. But its still fun especially in deep powder :biggthump

________

Tm400

...Im well above the reccomended weight range for my current burton and love it on everything except steeps. Its a Burton AMP 5.3 (153) and I'm 6' 240#...

The main reason I hated my Burton Alp 157 is because I couldn't carve it on anything steeper than a mellow blue run. I thought it was my technique. But after I switched to a Donek Incline 160, I found out the problem was with the Alp. At 135 lb, I was too aggessive for the Alp 157.

Justin, I think you need to switch to a longer board with a stiffer flex, which you'll actually like on a steep run.

Oh don't worry bob, we still learn about all that. There's still Pitot heat, and to shut down the engine you just pull the mixture, so you need to give it a shot of primer before starting. Not a big fan of flying by light gun signals so I'll stick with the two way comms. Besides all of the restrictions with Class B, C, and D airspace. Not that the taylorcraft isn't a beautiful machine because it is a marvelous aircraft. Im a big fan of the Pitts though. There's an aerobatic school at the FBO next door to my college and Rob Holland teaches there in a Pitts and an immaculate Super Decathalon.

wow...so much for ordering from Klug's website lol :lol:

________

VF1100S

Bought a UP 62 about 4 weeks ago from klugriding.com; got verification from Burton e-Commerce via email; board shipped and got to me 2 days earlier than promised.

What really pissed me off was the 'DEMO' stamped into the p-tex on the nose of the board. When I first read it in a beer-induced stupor I thought it said, 'LEMON'. The 11-something sidecut is great but I have to babysit the board because it gets nervous. It likes to turn and not be left on it's base. It gets really loose underfoot and likes to be ridden in the backseat like a.....oh, never mind.

Mark