Note to New Members ×

Dammit I hurt!!!

Rusty

Well folks I've done it now. I crashed into a tree on the 9th at Sugarbush in VT (watch those turns on Jester). I am now the owner of two broken wrists(right one shattered), three busted ribs, busted sternum, and I broke my hip (greater trunkator?). Needless to say I'll be out of commission for a while. Luckily the hip is stabil so it did not need an operation, I'm not sure if that will get me on the hill any quicker but I'm hoping.

ECES sounds like It's shaping up to be awesome, whish I was going but it dosen't seem like it as I'm still in the rehab hospital. Damn I was really looking forward to meeting everyone.

I'll still be on the board so keep that pics thread going so I can live through every one else.

Ride Hard everyone!!

Rusty

Rusty,

We were supposed to meet up somewhere on Mt. Ellen that day, but I bailed for the other mountain early. I think I may have had a conversation with you while I was flailing on the sticky snow and you were on the lift.

Sorry we didn't meet up. I hope your rehab is quick and easy. Hope we can meet up sometime when you're back at it.

Greg

Thanks for all the encouragement guys, it looks like I'm going home tomorrow due to my strength and determination.:D

To answer some ?'s

I was wearing my OVO helmet(always do), I don't think I hit my head on anything very solid. Perhaps a sapling or something because it wasn't on my head when my girlfriend caught up with me a few seconds later.

What happened...

I was on the twisty end section of Jester (great trail!) riding my BX board (Burton Fusion w/custom bindings). I think my rear straps might have broken in the -32 weather and tossed me. I'm told they are broken but I've yet to see em'. I rember being heelside coming around a skiers left corner (turn three I think Moose the patroller called it), transitioned to toeside and just got tossed. I headed straight to the woods and had a wrestleing match with one on VT's toughest maples...I lost, but there could have been more than one of them.

Drugs ah sweet drugs...

At first they had me on something called diloted every 2hrs through the iv, then they put me on a morphine pump that I could hit every 10 mins w/percocet every 4 hrs. and now I'm on oxy-cotin two times a day w/percocet every 4 hrs and a vioxx once a day...damn I'm on a lot of pills.

Can't wait till I can add some of that Harpoon barley wine to that perscription.

Welcome to the gimp club! Last year I shattered my right tibia and fibia in an accident and missed out on the end of the season, its no fun. Its too bad you got hurt, especially so soon into the season. Don't the painkillers rock? It was the morphine drip that did it for me...gooooooooood stuff. I hope you feel better soon!

-Justin

PS: Are you the same person that I know as Russ from Nashua?

________

Ford India Specifications

We're mighty proud of ya, son. Turn three sounds like just after the hard left across "Organgrinder" as you hang a hard right onto "Header", that might explain your helmet coming off. I've still got 11 screws and some hardware in my left radius/ulna from a sub zero tumble at Stowe years ago. I'll never forget that... SNAP!I'll pick ya up some Barleywine to wash down the percocet. I hear that's some serious euphoria. Heal like a champ. Here's Rusty's route: http://ski-guide.com/gfx/trailmaps/vt22tm01f.jpg

Guest mphdemon

Hey man, That SUCKS big time. I hope you're doin ok. At least there's no brain damage, I hope. That's to bad u got hurt, we could have gone up to Sunapee some time. Well I hope you get better quick. Maybe you can still get some riding in at the end of the season. If not on the usual mountians, I'm gonna be going up to Tuckerman's Revine a few times this spring. They usually have snow for a long time, maybe you can come along if you're feeling up to it.

Get better soon man!!!

and enjoy the drugs while u got 'em:D

Justin--Yep thats me.

Pumpkins--Thanks, it just takes me forever.

Willy--Is that barleywine only limited to boston or do you think I may be able to find some in Nashua?

MPH--Don't think I haven't already thought about going to Tuck's...I've done it 4 times already. It was a blast each time, have fun!

Damn, before it was just saying sorry to a fellow carver stranger, now its someone Ive ridden with! Thats really too bad, me and my skiier friend were planning on hitting Gunstock or Waterville on Superbowl sunday and I was gonna ask you if you wanted to come along. Major bummer! I hope you get better soon! Maybe we could hook up for some june turns at K-Mart. Any estimates on recovery time?

-Justin

________

Mac Game