Note to New Members ×

The Cutest Little Hardbooter

Guest Randy S.

Guest Randy S.

I'm so proud of my daughter. She's now linking turns (admittedly she prefers her short 105 twin-tip board with plate bindings to the 135 pictured here). She was totally ripping yesterday after her lesson. She linked turns all the way down the hill. Awesome! Sydney is 8 years old and loves explaining to others on the hill what a carving board is and why its better than soft boots and how she can really rip it up in hard boots.

post-68-141842210073_thumb.jpg

post-68-141842210075_thumb.jpg

We've gotta get together this season and make some runs. Zach's dying to try out his Renntiger and I'd love to get him on some bigger terrain (our home mountain is kinda narrow) How cool would that be to have our 2 kids carving down the hill! Where's your home mountain? I'm seriously considering a trip in February and Tahoe would be a great place to hit. Let me know and maybe we can meet for a day of family carving?

Pass on the stoke!

Paul

post-857-141842210077_thumb.jpg

Way to GO SYDNEY! She looks GREAT!

Randy, are those Raichle SB 220? They look like the ones I just bought for my 8 yo off of ebay ($20 bucks baby!).

He just started riding the little Oxygen FR 139 this past week and still have the softies mounted to it. He REALLY wants to switch to plates this season.

BTW, where did you score the plates?

This may well be the most enjoyable thread I've ever viewed on Bomber. I've a 3 1/2 year old daughter and aspire to be like you fellas. Introduce the sport and see if she takes to it - no pressure. Perhaps I'll be inquiring with those of you who have experience for info on outlets for kids equipment and tact in introducing the sport to a child. Well done and all the best.

Guest Randy S.

What a great response. Thanks gang. Today (Xmas) she was really linking turns down big blue runs and loving every minute of it.

Responses to questions:

Yes, my son rips too. He seems to prefer two planks to one, but he's a blast to ski with and he can rip on a board if he chooses. My feeling is they can ride whatever they want, as long as they're having fun.

D-Sub: yep, that was first run of the day two days ago and it was hard corduroy. It softened up fast though.

Kirk, yes they are SB 225s. I think I got them from Bomber a couple seasons ago for my son. They come up pretty high on her legs, but she likes them.

Paul (ar(angel), let's definitely try to ride together in Feb if you get down to Tahoe. The kids will be here all of President's week and probably won't have ski team every day. That means Syd will take more snowboarding lessons. I'd love to connect. We'll be at Alpine Meadows most days.

RicHard, yes its a Rabanser custom kids board. I bought it a couple seasons ago when they first started selling them. Its a nice kids board. I actually switched her over to her twin-tip later in the day and she seems to prefer that. The twin tip is much shorter and easier for her to turn.

Oldvolvos: I suspect she's more likely to be a speedy carver than an extreme carver. This kid loves speed. I don't know where she gets it from. :D

...wish I was there! Hi Randy, cool that Syndi is also making the transition to the snowboard. Great that you put her on hard boots right away!...

...can't wait for Ryan to get on skis - have to wait at least another year...

Hagen

hey all,

tried to get my oldest out on a snowboard last year and abhout a quarter of the way down, she took off the board and started walking. she said, "momma, don't be upset. walking is fantastic exercise." the people on the lift above us busted up. i have to admit, so did i. at the base, she made a deal with me. she'll be the fast skier, i'll be the fast snowboarder. lol. can't win em all over, i guess. lol. she's a sick little skier though! lol.

VERY < VERY Cool Randy!!

It just dosent' get much better than this!!

Well done!!

"Kid' Bomber" , I can see it now!!!!

Some of the past threads of the smaller feet issues point out some demand.

Probably just not enough to "Tool Up". Interesting situation though.

Cost / vs/ future alpiners etc. I know that Fin and CO due offer the "Jr" bindings. I can't help but think Mom and Dad's wallet might be willing to open a bit wider to buy a real "Bomber" plate. The "Bling" factor is high here!!

Love to post an alpine gallery of young alpine riders. Just need to be careful of youth and photo exposure. Let me know if this is of interest directly.

How is your riding doing Randy?? Hope to visit later this season. Must make it to "Alpine Meadows" this year. I have heard good things from DD and BOL members.

Here's the link http://cgi.ebay.com/new-burton-kids-step-in-plate-bindings-alpine-race_W0QQitemZ7206438582QQcategoryZ21248QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem. These are similar to what I started my son on. Blue-Tomato also has bindings that are fairly affordable, that's what Zach has on his FP, the F2 free-carve series, I believe I paid $89.00 for them. "Kempmeister" kids stuff is available if you look hard enough, you just have to be patient. Depending on how my son likes his Renntiger, his FP may be up for sale before seasons end :D

Have fun,

Paul

I am so happy to see this thread. I was planning on starting one myself. It's exciting to see so many young rippers. I am having so much fun riding with my girls. These pictures (if I get them on) are of Katri who is 8 years old. She gets bigger air than anyone else in our family.

post-1013-141842210507_thumb.jpg

post-1013-141842210508_thumb.jpg

Guest Randy S.

That's awesome Cheri. Syd's not close to that yet. My son gets some air, but its usually just a few feet. He does rip in the powder and off cornices though. And he doesn't mind hiking for his turns.