Note to New Members ×

Official 2006 SES Thread: talk and let us know you're coming

fin

Alright, every year I've wanted to go, but something conflicted. This year I'm going to get there. I'll probably be driving through the night crashing in the parking lot, riding a day then running off to other obligations, but for one day at least I'll be there. It will be the first lift ticket I will have to buy for myself in years. Anyone want to help me out I don't want to hurt myself with the crowbar trying to pry open my wallet.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest James Pryor

Greetings from sunny S. Calif. My family and I will be coming to Aspen Feb.10-18. Had a phenomenal time last year. Looking forward to carving all that perfect corduroy. Was in Steamboat early Dec. and had a blast, but it was really cold. Mostly powder riding but one epic carving day with local David Winters. Perfect snow and no one around. My local hill is in need of snow real bad. See you at the sesh. James Pryor and family.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be in attendance for most days, and probably Tim from Denver also. We're both riding on new boards bought after testing everything out at SES last year.

And Ray and his wife just bought the house right next door to us here in the RF valley. We haven't been riding together yet, but sure it will be happening.

Looking forward to SES 06.

Hi,

Been dreaming of coming for years, from northern Wisconsin. This is the year. Will be there for the whole session...looking forward to learning lots...face to face...wnat to improve my race technique so I can smoke my buddies back home...shooting for the nationals, Peter Zenti

As Snowmass begins work on all of the projects to make it an absolutely world class mountain, some significant changes are occurring.

Since Snowmass is the first day, I thought I would let everyone know of the infrastructure changes now in place.

1. Parking. Lot A at the base of the Fanny Hill lift is now a construction site for new Base Village, it is completely closed off to parking. I would highly recommend either parking at the Rodeo Lot (early in the day), or taking the bus from Intercept lot at Hwy 82, or from Aspen.

2. The Fanny Hill lift is gone. Replaced with a 6 pack which has one OFF-load at "Midway" (top of half-pipe/old top of Burlingame chair). Final stop is top of Sam's Knob. That restaurant is now gone, hopefully will be a new one in its place next season.

This brings lots of traffic up into Max Park heading to the Burn, but is a nice fast way up the mountain.

Seems like the Coney Glade chair gets used quite a bit less now. This is still a great chair to ride for carving.

3. Burlingame double chair. (Starts just across from the mall) This chair now only goes to the bottom of the Nastar/Half-pipe area.

4. Wood Run triple chair (used to start below the Fanny Hill Quad) is now gone.

Hi Everyone

If you have not yet ordered your tickets you need to do so by Monday. After Monday Jan 30th, I WILL TAKE NO MORE ORDERS FOR LIFT TICKETS!!!!!!!

AFTER JANUARY 30TH, 2006 I WILL TAKE NO MORE ORDERS FOR LIFT TICKETS FOR THE SES 2006 IN ASPEN!!!

If you have questions, email me. See all of you in a few weeks!:biggthump

Hi Everyone

If you have not yet ordered your tickets you need to do so by Monday. After Monday Jan 30th, I WILL TAKE NO MORE ORDERS FOR LIFT TICKETS!!!!!!!

AFTER JANUARY 30TH, 2006 I WILL TAKE NO MORE ORDERS FOR LIFT TICKETS FOR THE SES 2006 IN ASPEN!!!

If you have questions, email me. See all of you in a few weeks!:biggthump

Can't wait :1luvu:

I thought I'd ask this quetsion on the forum since I'm sure other 1st-timers will want to know: Do you send tickets via mail, or do we pick them up at the event?

For those of you who miss the lift ticket deal with Michelle, and also need lodging, you may try checking out the following Aspen Skiing Company option:

Aspen/Snowmass is the place to be this winter. The campaign included four, full-page advertisements in the Denver Post, web advertising, a 25,000 piece direct mail and email campaign. We also sent 25,000 additional direct mail pieces to direct fly markets promoting our last minute lodging specials for the remainder of the season. Know anyone who needs lodging and lift tickets within seven-days of arrival? Tell them to sign up to receive our weekly last minute lodging specials at www.aspensnowmass.com/joinus.

Guest Tim Ryan

...all day Thursday and perhaps part of Friday. I just signed up. I'm coming from Denver by myself but will plan on riding with Todd, among others.

holy crap, i'm actually going this year! :biggthump coming from the twin cities.

after years of saying "i'm going to the session this year", then backing out due to inability to loosen the purse strings, i'm actually going to carve on a big hill, and it's at the ses. whoo hoo!!

are there rest stops on the hills? i don't think i've ever made more than 20 or so turns before getting back on the lift. my legs are going to get worked!

i'll be there the whole session sat - fri. looking forward to wide open groomers and riding with all the carvers.

-trent