Note to New Members ×

Official 2006 SES Thread: talk and let us know you're coming

fin

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about going but I was curious on the cost. I Have the airfare part sorted into denver but I was curious if somone could give me a rough estimate of the per day cost for the package deal so I can calculte and budget how much I will need. I know the prices are TBA for this years event but can somone give me a ballpark figure?

Thanks in advance

Mike Christensen

Mike,

Cost per day is a tough one as there are many varibles. Cost of your room, how much and where do you eat, etc.

So after plane tickets you are looking at $60-ish per day in tickets, then add food, and buses are free in Aspen. We are still working on our package deal pricing so hand tight, hope to have out soon....

Finally making it this year! Missed the past two. This one happens no matter what - those of you who wish to send condolences to my wife on valentines day while I am riding, I will forward them on! Ill be the guy with the big grin on the hill that day..

E

I'm still trying to work my schedule so I can attend SES but in the meantime, I thought I'd throw out this idea. Skican and other tour operators offer packages to Aspen/Snowmass in the $1600 range (CDN) with a Toronto departure. This includes air, transfers, accomodation and lift tickets. This sounds like a no hassle, reasonably priced alternative to a DIY trip.

If anyone is considering doing this, post me a message. Reason being, we might be eligible for a group discount.

http://www.skican.com/destinations/Colorado/aspenSnowmass/default.asp?loc=destinations&sbLoc=colorado&sbLoc1=SNS

Guest Tim Tuthill

Hey Folks: Just got a condo at Snowmass for $309/night for 4 adults and 2 kids. The place is right by the mall with all the store stuff. 100 feet from the place, you hook up and slide to the Fanny Hill lift. 10 min drive to Buttermilk. Not to mention the hospital???

Guest Mark Jeangerard

Of course!

Then, 2 new guys and one old guy say they're coming too. But you know how that goes. We'll see.

I hope to have some dough in my pocket I need like six new Doneks.

...or eight.

Guest Thomas_S

Right now I'm being considered for the NANPA High School photography scholarship where I fly out to Denver for a week for their summit and get to attend a bunch of workshops. It just so happens that it is the week right before SES :D. While I will miss the first day, Saturday (damn), I'm be there if I am selected.

If not its up in the air as to whether or not I can attend. *Starts praying I'm selected as one of the ten*

I was geared up to make the trip BUT I've just had to outlay $9000 for Car repairs, :( anybody wanna donate :p .

You gang had better have fun and a cold one for me OK I'll now be working on making it for 2007 Possibly for the Season as a Photog in Aspen.

Mind you my mentor and a friend of Fin's Mike Smith may be making it there.

MozzMann,

No, say it aint so :eek: We are not going to see you at the SES! Dang, sorry to hear about that, not going to be the same with out your sence of humor there. Who is going to come up with all the good one liners?

Hang in there and we'll see you at the next one. Ride on MozzMann!

Tell me about it, I had to replace the complete transaxel in our Chrysler voyager thanks to the Differential shattering some of the actual outter cast aluminium casing.

Look up Chrysler EnterVan on google and you'll see what I mean.

Can't just sell it Wheelchair cars are hard to sell and harder to buy here.

Thanks for the wishes Fin . I haven't tried to get accomodation or Airfares sorted but, anything could happen yet.

If I can scrape together about $2000 I'll be on the plane and worry about where to hang my hat once I'm there :D

• 2 weeks later...

Mike, Melanie, Richard Sanders and Yolie Knight (4 in group) from Cornwall, England - will be there from 9th to 18th.

To the St. Moritz Lodge mob from last year - we'll be at the St. Moritz again for the SES06 - see you then.

Fin and Michelle thanks for organising another one

Cheers

Mike and Yolie