Note to New Members ×

Questions on the new TD2 here

fin

Originally posted by fin

Ha, you noticed that! :D

Yes, the TD2 does have a bottle opener built into it. However, this option is only found on the Standard model as it is located in the Toe Clip.

We are working very hard on making this an option for the SI, with hours and hours of testing so stay tuned :D

Okay, Fin

That's fun to have a beer opener on my stepinbindings, is it worthwhile waiting for this, because I have to import the bindings to the Netherlands. And I only import this once, because of the expensive taxes I have to pay over the amount (something about 23%).

Will this modification be ready before Christmas 2003?

Cheers, Hans

(Oh, you and Bob and others did a really good job so far, wish you all luck and good business with your new product)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Bob-Fin

How about a little suspension 101 for the non-engineers in the Carving Community.

1. How was the thickness of the E-Ring determined?

-To the layman it seems that a thicker E-Ring base would equal even more suspension/shock absorption.

2. Does the amount of pre-load/compression on the E-Ring, when mounting the binding, affect the urethanes ability to absorb vibrations?

-If it was possible (for the sake of an example) to put more or less pre-loaded compression on the E-Ring, would this have any affect on the bindings ability to absorb vibrations?

3. Are most of the vibrations soaked up via the thin urethane E-Ring base or via the 3 urethane ‘tabs?’

Rob

Fin / Bob / Jack:

Does the interface between the Cant Disk and the Center Disk create a wear point on the TD2s? It would would seem that there would be some small amount of movement between the two in relation to the other. Any concerns that over time this will wear down the mating and create lateral play in the interface?

Thanks!

Mark

Guest north east will

i dont really understand how this works on the td2. i see a cant ring that i assume has some amount of angle cut into it so when you mount the binding it has some angle relitive to the board. however it seems like for a given angle cut into the cant disk you can only get certain combinations of cant and lift. as the disk is rotated you would vary the amount of cant and lift but you could not for example increase cant and lift at the same time. is this the case?

will

Hey Bob & Fin!

Very nice bindings! I looked around in the Bomber Store, but I couldn't find a 2nd board kit! Am I looking in the wrong area or is it something that is still in the works? I may be getting two new boards this season and I may be buying a set of TD2 ( Bob has been pestering me hahaha ) so I may want a 2nd board kit.

Happy trails

Jeff

Originally posted by Jeffrey Day

Hey Bob & Fin!

Very nice bindings! I looked around in the Bomber Store, but I couldn't find a 2nd board kit! Am I looking in the wrong area or is it something that is still in the works? I may be getting two new boards this season and I may be buying a set of TD2 ( Bob has been pestering me hahaha ) so I may want a 2nd board kit.

Happy trails

Jeff

If you read this topic more carefully, your answere you can find on the first page of this topic (but people don't read nowadays).

Cheers, Hans.

Actually, the TD2's cant adjustment is nearly independent of lift for smallish changes in cant disc angle. If you set up your bindings for pure lift (cant disc angle = binding angle), each 5 degree rotation of the cant disc produces an insignificant change in lift, and a useful change in cant.

Consider the 3 degree cant disc.

At 60/60 (binding angle/cant disc angle), you have 3 degrees of lift and no cant.

At 60/65 you have 0.262 degrees of cant and 2.989 degrees of lift.

At 60/70 you have 0.521 degrees of cant and 2.954 degrees of lift.

So, changing from 60/60 to 60/70, half a degree of cant is significant and noticeable. 0.046 of a degree change in lift is insignificant.

The 6 degree disc produces bigger changes with each notch of the cant disc, but the results are still nearly independant.

Mathophobes stop reading now.

For the TD2, your cant and lift degrees can be calculated as such:

Cant = A * SIN(B - C)

Lift = A * COS(B - C)

where

A = slope of disc (0, 3, 6)

B = disc angle relative to board (90 degrees = nose)

C = binding angle relative to board.

The forthcoming matrix has the results of these equations for a range of settings.

Of course, you don't have to figure all this out when you're making adjustments. You'll be able to read the disc angle and binding angle off the binding, and realize that if you set the disc angle and binding angle the same, you'll have pure lift. Each notch on the cant disc is 5 degrees of rotation, so you'll know that you'll be getting a little bit more cant with each notch you move away from the pure lift setting. All you need to do is keep track of how many notches away from pure lift or pure cant you are.

If anyone wants the excel spreadsheet I worked out for this, email me.

-Jack

Guest Randy S.

Is there going to be a lifter kit for the TD2 SI?

Also, where is that matrix that Jack promised outlining the various cant/lift equations?

I got my new TD2s and I'm had fun mounting them. Now I just need to get to the hill to play with them. I had to run pretty steep angles to avoid toe/heel drag, compared with my old bindings. A lifter might make a difference. Perhaps there's a thicker set of cant plates?

Guest RaceCarver

Still don't see one in the bindings area at the Bomber Store.

I have a few more boards that are just screaming at me to get mounted with the TD2!!!

Any info when it will be available??

RaceCarver,

Sorry about that, we where just about to add the 2nd Board Kit to the site when sales went nuts (good news!) and we sold out of the parts that make the 2nd Board Kit (bad news). The plan is to have the second batch of the Kits ready to go the first week of January. You will then see the kit on the Bomber Store sometime before then so you can place your order.

Thanks for your patience on this and we are sorry for the delay,

bhheintz,

Yes, we are still holding strong to have the second wave of TD2 ready to go the first week of January. It may be the Standards first then the SI, but they would not be to far behind.

Thanks for everyones patience!

Guest Caleb V

Would it be best to order now and wait for them to arrive or just put in the order the first week of January?

Are you establishing a waiting list and then taking payments as they ship out or will there be enough parts to go around for complete setups?

Thanks for the help,

Caleb

New to Hardbooting this year and I can't wait to try it out this season.

Caleb V,

I would suggest placing your order now as it will put you in line to ship out the second they are ready to go.

Only when we ship do we charge your card.

Excellent to hear you are trying hardboots! Make sure to cruise the website as it is packed with information to help you out. The "Welcome Center" by Jack Michaud is a great way to get familiar with all the techno-bable that goes on here.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help,

Hey

I just got a pair of TD2's the other day and they look great I can't wait to get to the mountian. I did have a question about what metals you used in the bindings? The cant disk looks aluminum, the bail assembly Stainless but the plates I'm not really sure of, they are very blue. Ti? Stainless with cobalt?

great bindings

walker

Forrest,

The Base Plate material is a special blend of Moon Rock and Giga-doodle-anium. Hard to machine, but worth it! :D

Actually, the Base Plate is 7075 Aluminum that we machine in-house to get the weight down to a minimum but still be strong. The really "cool" Pewter finish is done out of state at an anodizer than specializes in very rich and bright anodizing. Then laser engraved and back to us.

Glad to you like the TD2!

Guest Randy S.

I have TD2 Step-ins with about 6 days on them. This weekend I noticed my forward toe starting to lift a bit. What's the best way to adjust the binding to reduce this play? Heel or Toe piece? Or is there some way to tighten down the bail that I haven't noticed? I tried moving the toe back a bit but still seemed to have play (I could lift my toe), despite a pretty tight fit fore-aft. Is there something I'm not doing properly in my setup. I have UPS boots.

I was wondering if it is possible to convert a standard binding to a step in? I am thinking of possibly getting a set of snowboard step in boots for days that I dont want to ski as well as board.

Is it possible to get the step in components, maybe just one set for my rear foot to save money? Would there be any issue with having a standard front foot and a step in rear?