Note to New Members ×

Snowboard BumperStickers...where to find them?

DrCR

Hi. I'm spicing up car. Just got a decal of my favorite Linux distro, Slackware, from hackerstickers.com, so with my geek side taken care of, I'm now in quest for some snowboard action.

I checked out Nitro's site and they had a few board stickers, but nothing like what I wanted i.e. a simple nitro logo like this).

Any suggestions on 3rd party vendors that sell this kind of stuff (ex. cafepress.com)?

I'm also looking for an OSin decal as well - maybe some of you have some stickers stashed away somewhere that you would be willing to part with?

Thanks,

DrCR

WHat else would be cool is a die-cut window sticker that is specific to alpineriders/carvers. You know like...ummm...if you have ever seen the white hockey goalie sticker in the rear window of cars or the soccer ball on minivans, something like that. If I know someone who did them I'd make it happen, but I don't. Maybe someone here could make it happen. Just a thought. I know I'd buy one.

I was thinking about putting on my car but then I thought about trying to explain that to a cop

^^^ :laughs:

PeterC, I already checked out eBay. ;) I didn't find that top one. What is it Rossignol? Anyway, I don't want to put a sticker on my car of a SB company I don't ride.

As for the other two, their like 10"x12". A little big for a car, don't your think? It is for me anyway.

Yeah, I'll have to find some dealers, good thought. I doubt I find any OSin stickers that way though. But hey, maybe Dynastar has some stashed away somewhere.

Thanks for the ideas so far.

DrCR

Hi. I'm spicing up car. Just got a decal of my favorite Linux distro, Slackware, from hackerstickers.com, so with my geek side taken care of, I'm now in quest for some snowboard action.

A Slacker and hardbooter, cool! Do you use it on a desktop or a server? If on the desktop, have you checked VectorLinux SOHO?

WHat else would be cool is a die-cut window sticker that is specific to alpineriders/carvers. You know like...ummm...if you have ever seen the white hockey goalie sticker in the rear window of cars or the soccer ball on minivans, something like that. If I know someone who did them I'd make it happen, but I don't. Maybe someone here could make it happen. Just a thought. I know I'd buy one.

Check these out:

http://www.wardogcreative.com/wear/stickers.htm

and these:

http://www.wardogcreative.com/wear/

Also, Fin, maybe you could consider a sticker version of the "business" card??

Nice linkage dr. sandman! I'm not too crazy about the bumber sticker - large for me, but mostly that I've never even been to Tahoe lol. I really like that "You can tell a man by his feet" t-shirt though. :biggthump

Dan, who would I even contact though? I really doubt Nitro is going to have anything other than what's on their site. Should I send a SASE to Dynastar in hopes for some OSin stickers?

Derf, yeah, I know VectorLinux! VL 5.0.1 SOHO is my primary Linux distro right now, though I'm slowly moving to SW 10.1. That will probably change when the nonSOHO of VL comes out though! SW 10.0 was my first distro, so it's kind of funny after about a year of "serial installing" Linux distros, I've come full circle back to SW or at least partly full circle since VL is Slackware based.

Do you ever frequent the VL forums or perhaps linuxforums.org ? The Derf username is a unique one and I'm pretty sure I've seen it before. Probably saw you on the VL forum. :)

lol you noncomputer geeks are probably just shaking your heads in total disinterest lol. Yeah, I know computers...if only I could know cars too...I just spent ~$900 in matenence on mine. :freak3:

DrCR

Was having a hard time comming up with OSin logos. web archive dot org to the rescue.

images_osin.jpg

Clickable Thumbnails (lossless PNGs):

th_OSinSnowboardLogos.png th_OSinSnowboardAsterisk.png

What is that "asterisk" anyway? It is supposed to be something, some symbol for something? Or just some goofy logo? Just curious.

DrCR