Note to New Members ×

OT: waaaaaaay OT....

Aisling

conversely, what do you get a GUY who can get whatever he needs cause he makes way more money than me?

he is always stressed at work, so i thought a massage certificate... but would that be ghey? lol

You are kidding, right? We're talking about a normal, hetero guy, right? And not one who is addicted to skiing/boarding like most of the guys on here (because for guys on here there are obvious answers). Give him something he can't buy (well, not legally and not without some risk).

Go take a couple of lessons in massage. Learn to use your hands properly (no pinching, spread out the pressure from your fingers, etc.). Then buy whatever supplies you think you need (mostly its just some good massage oil, but you could add some candles, etc.). Create a gift certificate good for XX Personal Massage sessions with yours truly (you, not me). Wrap up the massage supplies with the certificate and give him that. If you really want to make him smile when he opens the gift, make sure to describe the massages as including a "happy ending" on your certificate. I'd be so psyched if I got that gift.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of guys are really weirded out with the massage thing. Sinecure's idea is great. There's a lot of places that have courses where couples can learn together, and that's always fun.

If you do it (great idea BTW) maybe go with something a little less threatening, like a hot stone treatment or a head and neck massage. You could go to a spa together and make an afternoon of it ...

i did make a trip to fredericks today... :biggthump

and make sure ya have a sexy outfit and some almond oil :eplus2:

victorias secret tends to have better stuff than hollywood fred's threads but sometimes that hooker gear is better for the mood.

Massage oils smell sooooo good, my old old (12 years ago) girlfriend from

long island was a prof masseuse in manhattan and we'd trade ski lessons for table time- hour for hour=great deal for willy.

There is NOTHING like a quality massage even without any happy ending involved :cool: legless and tears streaming down your face when "attempting" to get off the table

stay away from this guy

post-123-141842243225_thumb.jpg

:eplus2::eplus2:

Go take a couple of lessons in massage. Learn to use your hands properly (no pinching, spread out the pressure from your fingers, etc.). Then buy whatever supplies you think you need (mostly its just some good massage oil, but you could add some candles, etc.).

Better idea (no offence Sinecure, cos I think your idea rocks and I am just trying to improve on it).

Get him a certificate for a couple of massage lessons TOGETHER.

My wife is a physiotherapist and I have learnt so much about massage from her it's amazing. If you both learn together you can both work on each other together (as opposed to you just working on him) which is soooooo much better!

The best thing is if you tell him is that your present is that you are taking him somewhere special to learn something he doesn't know. Then he will be excited to start with. Don't tell him what you are doing or where you are going, just drag him there; make it a surprise. It will keep his expectations high and hopefully you will both enjoy it a lot more.

Secrets are good.... :eplus2:

Another gift idea (and i pride myself over introducing the massage one this session!) for someone who maybe isn't so committed, to give to a guy would be a radar detector :biggthump If he is young and wealthy he probably spent money on a nice car and enjoys driving fast.

Or ice wine that the two of you could share with swiss chocolate.

That's all i've got for now. This year my favorite birthday present for me was a bucket with car cleaning supplies.

blindfold him and feed him strawberries dipped in chocolate and stuff.....

icecubes are good, too

put on some Bryan Ferry or Chris Isaac

tutorial:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbJRJ9jVjI8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbJRJ9jVjI8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpHFDNZO-s8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpHFDNZO-s8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Does he ski or snowboard? I really like my camelback or (insert other brand here). Other gifts I've received that I really liked included tuning kits, car wash kits... that's pretty much it. Special song mixes are cheap and personal. Coupons for ski tuning, boot fitting? Travel bags for snowboards. Cool radios although I guess now we just use cell phones. Dynamite. Renting a super expensive car for a day.

and make sure ya have a sexy outfit and some almond oil :eplus2:

victorias secret tends to have better stuff than hollywood fred's threads but sometimes that hooker gear is better for the mood.

willy i have to disagree. VS is targeting teens more with the PINK line and they no longer really cater to women. i realized this when i noted that they make me pay $10 more for a larger cup size in bras. it's totally ridiculous... for what, a few inches of fabric? gimme a break. on top of that their very cute ensembles don't come for us big busted gals either... they just shrug and say, "sorry we don't make them in the larger cup sizes". it's not like i'm larger all over, i just am blessed in certain areas! LOL

fredericks charges the same price for whatever size you are... AND they make cute outfits as well... they do still have some hooker-ish type stuff but they also have similar styles to what VS used to have before PINK domination.

ok, end rant. LOL

Take him to dinner at Farley's!

I know that one of the best gifts I gave myself!

And one of the best gifts you gave me as well! :1luvu:

Thanks guys for all the ideas. Leatherman (or other name brand) is a great idea. I like the headlamp idea as well. That might also work for my cousin. Girls are so much easier to buy for!

Michelle, get a headlamp with at least 5 led lights in it. This creates enough light for any situation. The led headlights run forever on a couple of triple AAA batteries. If you can find them cheap enough buy a couple of em. Throw one in the glove box of the car for late night roadside repairs, have one at home for the power outages and another one in your backpack. That way you have one available wherever you need one.

Do you have Harbor Freight hardware stores in CO? They sell a nice one for a decent price. It comes with a SOS mode also. If you don't have the stores there let me know and i can get you some and ship them to you.

This is a great idea, along with the leatherman.

willy i have to disagree. VS is targeting teens more with the PINK line and they no longer really cater to women. i realized this when i noted that they make me pay $10 more for a larger cup size in bras. it's totally ridiculous... for what, a few inches of fabric? gimme a break. on top of that their very cute ensembles don't come for us big busted gals either... they just shrug and say, "sorry we don't make them in the larger cup sizes". it's not like i'm larger all over, i just am blessed in certain areas! LOL

fredericks charges the same price for whatever size you are... AND they make cute outfits as well... they do still have some hooker-ish type stuff but they also have similar styles to what VS used to have before PINK domination.

ok, end rant. LOL

wow, I missed your reply until just now. Looks like fred's has stepped it up a bit.

check out some of the comments on this vid, harsh.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9qHxwYP784&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9qHxwYP784&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

If it is an established relationship, no problem.

if it is used for a first date it could be a little uncomfortable.

For a first date I would use the 6 or 12 pack and invite the other to the terrain park to watch the carnage...and successful jumps. It would be good to have camp chairs that would be easy to ski with