Note to New Members ×

I Ditched The BTS And I LIKE IT!!

barryj

Trying something different and removed the BTS (all Yellow springs) and went back to the OEM 5 way adjustable forward lean mechanism.  I set it up with 3 clicks all the way back/vertical on front foot and 3 clicks all the way forward on rear and I really liked the immediate resistance/response! 

Even in 60 degree temperature mush the board was much more agile!  Here's some photos from the slush fest today................ not crazy Angrry tight but I feel like I'm finely getting back some of my carving mojo......only taken 16 months post collision! 

Can't wait for a firm day to give it a another go! 

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Get back to me when it's cold there. I still ride with no BTS and prefer it to BTS and a voided warranty. Warm weather probably makes riding locked more tolerable. My 425's are like a brick and won't flex at all really in cold temps.

That said, the Mountainslopes I tried on last year felt SUPER nice with the spring system and articulation point closer to my ankle. I will splurge if I'm still riding hardboots in the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Odd Job said:

when it's cold there.

It's cold here...starting tomorrow!  A week of snow and temps below freezing every night expected!  🎉 5 inches+ expected here in the valley to get the storm rolling Tues....so 5-10 up top to start the storm week!!   Should be awesome carving by next weekend with sunny but cold forecast!!:1luvu:

51 minutes ago, Jack M said:

try red springs.  

Jack I tried every and all combinations and adjustments.   All red, red/blue, blue/red, all blue, blue/yellow, yellow/blue and all yellow!   And on each boot I tried No forward lean, little forward lean, medium forward lean, maxed out forward lean and I guess I'm too strong...or too weak or too dumb to notice any difference riding them.

For the last 2 seasons I've been on all blue to use on my daily drivers and all yellow for the pow boots. 

With this new pow coming in I was going to drop the yellow bts and put my other oem's forward lean back on my pow boots but I seem to have misplaced that second set!

Anybody got a set of Deeluxe OEM 5 stage forward  lean mechanisms they want to get rid of ASAP!!!  

6 hours ago, Odd Job said:

That said, the Mountainslopes I tried on last year felt SUPER nice with the spring system and articulation point closer to my ankle. I will splurge if I'm still riding hardboots in the future.

You should def splurge! I love m’y MS for 6 seasons and no sign of major break besides breaking of cables occasional torque-ing of the bolts. 

you should def get orange spring if you get it.

3 hours ago, yamifumi said:

I love m’y MS

I looked into MS.   Like Carvin Marvin I too live in Stepandclickistan, and at my 66 years, I am used to things happening at a certain speed and ease.    If they were stepin compatible I'd be there already.  

10 minutes ago, Jack M said:

what boots we're talking about?

I replaced my 7-8? year old black/green 425's with the latest blue?/orange 425's  this year and that was a solid step up in performance

• Like 3

Cool.  As for step-ins, if you are bending over to buckle/unbuckle any of your buckles each run, you've already negated the convenience of step-ins.  Doing the toe-clip of a standard binding while you're already bent over isn't a significant additional effort.

6 minutes ago, Jack M said:

if you are bending over to buckle/unbuckle any of your buckles each run

Nope....just once and done!     Usually while sitting down in the Funitel riding the lift up.  :biggthump 

19 minutes ago, b0ardski said:

I love to step in, on the go, down the ramp, don't stop at all, just like I would on skis. you cant do that w/toe levers.

Amen to this. I buckle my boots a few lift towers before the top, step in as the board touches snow, and go. 

At one local hill, I'll clip in and immediately jump off a side berm and straight into the run. If you go down the ramp, you had to skate back to the start of the run. Stupid hill design, but it is what it is. 

The shorter your runs are, or the more times you're in and out, the more benefits step-ins have. If I only rode places with vertical listed in thousands of feet, I'd explore toe clips. Clipping in/out every 7-8 minutes gets old fast. 

• Like 2