Note to New Members ×

loctite on F2 front bail Titanium step-ins?

snowburn

Has anyone considered adding blue loctite to front bails on titanium step in bindings with the star wheel adjusters? Seems like these are notorious for backing off and leaving a lot of slack. I even thought of the green penetraiting loctite. What's your thoughts? Any experience with a solution? 

• Like 1

Interested for anyone’s solution.  Was just retightening mine last night at Sundance, wondering why there wasn’t a lock feature and the lack of engineering that went into that. Contemplated/cringed using tiny strip of Gorilla tape.  

My ideal setting for the toepiece on my F2 Race Intecs is about 3-4mm from the max outward position. I've dropped 2 small pieces of hard plastic into the slot either side of the screw to act as a limit to prevent outward creep in use.

Also have used hot glue dabs to lock the scew adjustable height of the toe receiver.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nextcarve said:

We use zip ties. Withstands and easy to remove for later adjustments.

IMG_20190130_212701.jpg.8be435c155fe3e344fb64481a899b466.jpgIMG_20190130_212834.jpg.8d0108f671c45e3d7e07afb1e05d0c6b.jpgIMG_20190130_212651.jpg.143fd7325812ad41dfe799bf4f86f59d.jpg

Now were getting somewhere. I like it. May I ask why you left a tag end instead of run it through the ziptie locking head and clamping down

I like that zip tie solution a lot and would probably use that instead of thread locker. If I did use threadlocker, I'd use Vibratite VC-3 if it can be disassembled, and whichever VC-x is compatible with the plastic if not.

VC is nice because it's air cured and works by being gummy, so it's safe to use around plastics, and there's no seal to break if you adjust the fastener later. It's a little trickier to apply than anaerobic threadlockers.

3 hours ago, Cthulhufish said:

I like that zip tie solution a lot and would probably use that instead of thread locker. If I did use threadlocker, I'd use Vibratite VC-3 if it can be disassembled, and whichever VC-x is compatible with the plastic if not.

VC is nice because it's air cured and works by being gummy, so it's safe to use around plastics, and there's no seal to break if you adjust the fastener later. It's a little trickier to apply than anaerobic threadlockers.

great tip!

6 hours ago, Cthulhufish said:

Oh, forgot to mention: VC-3 has MEK in it, so it is not plastic safe until it cures. It's safe for most snowboard uses because you thread the fastener after the VC-3 cures.

I didn't know that. But I always cure it over paper towels on the counter anyways. VC-3 is the reason I can be somewhat lax about screws.