Note to New Members ×

Prior 187 round tail

garyj

Philippe Berube was rocking a round tail at sun peaks for natinols it had some kick and looked like alot of fun! I'm sure the titanal makes the board ride on par with true WC race stock. Looks like a great shape for jeep king of the mountain! Any one want to give me 800 CDN? I'd love to ride it! sounds good!!!!! Plus I would much rather collide with a round tail then a square tail any day. At least once a year any racer spins out plus its just a lot of fun to ride switch!!

and since I have had my most recent board I will be having a round tail on any of my boards that are from Coiler or if I switch to another builder that offers customs

simply put I have really wished for a tail on most of my boards even the big long beasts

I can't think of a disadvantage other than adding three cm to the board, ohh and the square tails do stay put better than the rounded ones when you lean them against walls

it really is fun not having to be careful riding switch in soft snow.

Ride switch, ride switch, ride switch! I think you learn much more about carving, board flex, and technique when you try to carve switch. You'll understand what I mean when you try for yourself.

Hence, crash eddie?

Why is length such an issue for switch? I think it's more sidecut. My Tanker 200 is still only an 11 m sidecut, so it's easy to keep from going too fast. I'm not a switch-meister, I keep it to the greens, but it's fun. Seeing where you're going is a problem though, especially on those heel sides.

You crash every once in a while when you push your limits. crash eddie came from walking away alright from some gnarly crashes (knock on wood) without injury.

Riding switch or even going from regular foot to goofy, I like trying a little of everything.