Note to New Members ×

Jeremy Jones Recommends Positive Angles

Jack M

Damn Straight!   That's exactly what I have been preaching to my  Big Mtn. athletes that  get exasperated  when/why they can't keep up with me even on my "regular looking" Swoard Dual!

Turn it Up to Crank It Up!!

Edited by barryj

12 minutes ago, Neil Gendzwill said:

still spank us all

...and that's got a lot to do with his Hardboot background!

A lot of people  don't know or  remember Jeremy was an old hardbooter originally training and racing gates trying to make  the 1st US Alpine Snowboard Olympic team in 1998 for the Nagano Japan winter Olympics!   He got beat out in the Olympic Trials and didn't make the team and hung up his hardboots because of that and says he hasn't been on hardboots since.

So he already knew a little something about "binding angles" 

• Like 1

When JJ didn't make the team he turned to his brothers, Steve and Todd, to make big mtn/freeride films since they already owned/founded TGR.

I believe that board is a 147 he is carving in the vid. I remember seeing him post a year or so ago that he couldn't believe his favorite board for carving now was that small since he used to run a 190 Rossi for GS.

I also asked him a couple yrs ago if he had tried any of the modern race shapes and was told he hasn't been on race boards/hardboots since missing out on making the Olympics.

ink

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, inkaholic said:

I believe that board is a 147 he is carving in the vid.

He's on a Storm Wolf there, they don't come that small. 154, 158, 162.  The Storm Chaser comes in a 147 but I'm not sure that one could hold up to the lines he's drawing in that video, it's a pure powder deck.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jack M said:

Source?

From the horses mouth.  He's a Tahoe local and we cross paths at Palisides/Squaw when he's not out stomping some remote Mtn. range into submission.

Additionally I believe he speaks to his racing past in the last of his trilogy films..... (1-Deeper, 2-Further) 3- Higher  2014

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neil Gendzwill said:

He's on a Storm Wolf there, they don't come that small. 154, 158, 162.  The Storm Chaser comes in a 147 but I'm not sure that one could hold up to the lines he's drawing in that video, it's a pure powder deck.

Probably right Neil as I didn't check what board he is on in that clip.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFi7sXhjw-_/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Found the pic and he says he's on a 147 in the description. 

ink

That pic is from 2 years ago, I don't think they had the Storm Wolf in production yet.

I thought it was pretty widely known that Jones is an ex racer.

Semi-related side track - I follow Juliette Pelchat on Instagram as she's an up and coming Canadian rider and it wasn't until she wished her dad a happy birthday that I made the connection - he's JF Pelchat, he of the clanking brass balls and founder of Now bindings.  No wonder she rips.

1 hour ago, inkaholic said:

Probably right Neil as I didn't check what board he is on in that clip.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFi7sXhjw-_/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Found the pic and he says he's on a 147 in the description. 

ink

Just an observation, but I find it interesting that Jeremy (and a few other pros) often reference stance angles that are not possible with current Softboot models…i.e. he says he is running 35* on his front foot which is not possible as his Jones/Now bindings work in three degree increments so it has to be 33 or 36.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Neil Gendzwill said:

I thought it was pretty widely known that Jones is an ex racer.

Yes definitely.  I hadn't heard the bit about the Olympics though.   Bums me out.  I'd love to see him on a new GS rig.  I think he wouldn't look at tiny powder boards the same afterwards.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Jack M said:

Yes definitely.  I hadn't heard the bit about the Olympics though.   Bums me out.  I'd love to see him on a new GS rig.  I think he wouldn't look at tiny powder boards the same afterwards.

Hi Jack,

You should check out his movies Deeper, Further and Higher. In one of those movies (I think it's Deeper or Higher) his racing background and Olympic quest are covered.

Relevant Snowboard Riding Stance Information:
https://www.jonessnowboards.com/content/216-a-guide-on-how-to-find-your-snowboard-riding-stance

Edited by noschoolrider
  • Like 1