Note to New Members ×

G-style boots sizing

roch

I have picked up a pair of g-style boots from around 2016 does anybody have any experience with figuring out the size of these boots the listed size on the boots seems way off.

when i say the listed size is way off the boots only list a sole length

Edited by roch

The brand is G-Style, they’re Japanese. Pretty sure they are a 4 buckle overlap design, as opposed to the 3 piece shell of most other hardboots.

I don’t have any info on their sizing, but put your bare foot in the empty shell with your toe touching the end and look behind your heel.  You should have 1 to 2 fingers of space back there. More than 2 is too big. 

Most boots are sized in Mondopoint, which is simply the length of your foot in centimeters. 

that's a rabbit hole i wouldn't want to go down, but maybe this info can help you get started:

starting with bsl (boot sole length at interior shell/ ie. UPZ shell size) is a good start along with a shell fit and a naked cm length of your feet. cm length of feet = mondo, but not exactly. perhaps use UPZ bsl lengths as a reference for sizing and compare to g-style. i say UPZ because that's the most readily available chart (north america) i'm aware of. i have no idea where to find a deeluxe sizing chart including bsl etc aside from may reaching out to a deeluxe supplier or deeluxe directly. g-style is neither UPZ or deeluxe so use for reference of bsl only. did you reach out to g-style for a full sizing chart that is in english?

sizechart.png

i do know that bsl for deeluxe sizes 29 and 30 mondo are 313mm and 322mm respectively. yes, UPZ mondo 28-28.5 bsl is 312 and 29-29.5 is 324 so most can drop a shell size with UPZ when compared to deeluxe. do a shell fit*:

"What’s a Shell Fit?  It’s the best way to know if any hardboot fits properly.

Remove the liner from the shell.

Put your bare foot in the shell.

When your toes touch the from of the shell, check to see how much space exists between your heel and the back of the shell.

Results:
Racer/Performance Fit = 1 finger width space
Comfort Fit = 1.5 finger width space
Anything larger means that the shell is too large and you end up with heel movement."

*from UPZ site

when the stock liner doesn't work: if you're on upper end of spectrum for sizing to fit into shell, a low volume liner may help achieve a better fit. punching shell if that's an option with g-style is another road to explore. that's MY theory anyways and know some riders who have proven this. not sure you'd want to make a larger shell work, but using the same theory and a high volume liner may achieve similar results. not advised unless you're the risk taking type and are ok with pissing the cost of the liners away if it doesn't work out. then heat mold liners with a boot fitter at a reputable shop unless you're a DIY'er. ride em and go from there. got hot spots? need foot beds? prepare to invest some time to get the right fit for you. boot shopping is fun isn't it?

hope this information helps you decipher the g-style bsl only chart a little better and have (or get) a boot that's right for you. cheers and good luck!

1 hour ago, Jack M said:

put your bare foot in the empty shell with your toe touching the end and look behind your heel.  You should have 1 to 2 fingers of space back there. More than 2 is too big. 

^ This

18 hours ago, roch said:

I have picked up a pair of g-style boots from around 2016 does anybody have any experience with figuring out the size of these boots the listed size on the boots seems way off.

when i say the listed size is way off the boots only list a sole length

😈

thanks for all the replys.

I figured out the shells even though the liner lists a size that should fit me packs out far enough for me to have aggressive heal lift also after the finger test the shell is way to large.

is their a way to figure out the mondo point size intended for a pair of boots based of the shell?

the specific model i have is the g-style vorgue carve s-flex from the person who I purchased them from they are from around 2016.

if anybody has any other information on the boots it would be appreciated

and for aprox size im a 26.5cm length foot and I can fit 3-4 fingers behind my heel

although the liners list size 9.

as for contacting them I cant  seem to find any official source for them only from stores.

the sole size reads 327 and after finding an old pair of ski boots i think the real mondo size is around 28.5-29

more trying to figure out if its possible to try to sell/giveaway them as I have picked up a pair of upzrc10 after committing to the hard side.

VEHK9mg.jpg\

EwfZzgE.jpg

Edited by roch
adding sizing

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Aracan said:

I seem to be missing something. The shells are way too large for the OP's feet, no matter the numbers on the underside. They were bought sight unseen, and they don't fit. So you pass them on. Most of us have been there, I'd wager.

They were bought seen but the liners packed out a size or 2 after some use because the shells have no mondo markings on them once I get the upz to fit I will be trying to sell them 

I started this thread to see if anybody knew approx a mondo size for them for when I sell them someone does not have to just guess 

Edited by roch