Note to New Members ×

Alpine Snowboard bindings for kids

slapos

On 6/28/2022 at 8:44 AM, slapos said:

hi all,

I am planning to start my 6 years old on alpine board next season.

Already got a board, but I struggle to find proper bindings.

Any suggestions?

thanks

L

I have these oxygen bindings available. Smallest setting shown.

Free, you pay shipping (from the Netherlands, 12 euro seems the cheapest option to Poland)

20220629_200512.jpg.c219e9abb3a190f8827add51e2eefa3a.jpg20220629_200533.jpg.17234b054b12ca2f6a89c2545d3ae086.jpg

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, TimW said:

I have these oxygen bindings available. Smallest setting shown.

Free, you pay shipping (from the Netherlands, 12 euro seems the cheapest option to Poland)

20220629_200512.jpg.c219e9abb3a190f8827add51e2eefa3a.jpg20220629_200533.jpg.17234b054b12ca2f6a89c2545d3ae086.jpg

How kind of you!

Let me drop you a message directly.

• 8 months later...

This is by no means a great setup. I wanted to see if I could cram my sons boots into a TD2 and it ended up just making it. The sole blocks are reversed and there is a lot of wiggle room that would need to be sorted on the toe bail. I have a set of the Elfgen binder that were previously mentioned. They have limited angles and also built in canting. Also not an ideal setup, but it connects you to the board. This is what I learned on back in the day of Hooger Booger rentals with rear entry ski boots. 

Sounds familiar😀. I also started in entry ski boots. When renting a board they did not have boards with a goofy setup(inserts were not a thing yet), so I was forced to ride regular, and still do..

But these kid boots I think will be perfectly fine. Usually they can move around quite a bit in them, actually the feet hold may be insufficient for snowboarding. More than once I have seen small kids pulling their foot out of the boot when falling.

Edited by TimW

At 6 KarverKai was small enough that burton soft boots and tiny flow binders provided plenty of support on an alpine board. Hardboots at that age aren't really needed since they cannot flex the boot at all. It will create weird habits that later need to be eliminated. $.02

When KK did get on hardboots it was ski boots which I cut to soften and a set of tiny plastic burton plate binders for kids.

ink

Edited by inkaholic
adds
  • Like 1