Note to New Members ×

Some footage of me...

D-Sub

Timinor brought his neat little DV Cam to Bach the other day and was cool enough to send me a DVD of the footage

I cut it up into segments. Ive included the full one if anyone wants to check it out. I didnt clip the part that shows me havin a bitch of a time on a particularly skidded out slope, and I KNOW I aint perfect.

files are low quality, but still around 5mb each, so probably only broadband users should bother.

Clip1

Clip2

Clip3

Clip4

Clip5

Clip6

Clip7

Clip 8 (1st day on the axis in soft stuff)

One that got left out, but is my favorite

Full Vid (including some goofin)(Big file, 60MB)

so yeah...I know that my technique needs a bit o'work (which is why I included the parts where I wasnt exactly "on") but Im actually pleasantly surprised that I dont look like a total kook. never seen vid or pics of me carving.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some comments:

1) Super fast server. I got the big one at an avg of 703.1kB/s

2) Cool to finally see yourself in action, eh? I had never seen myself until this season and was surprised at how smooth I looked (-patting self on back-). Wish I had gotten some video from the end of the season to see how I had progressed.

3) Are you looking for any pointers?

Nice smooth technique, surfy kinda style, we are definitely gonna have to hook up next season and ride together. Tell ya what, I'll come ride one weekend with you at Bach, you come ride one weekend with me at Shasta? Cool?

Great video man,

Paul

Originally posted by oldvolvosrule

Dsub, are you going to throw a few vids up on the Catek site, I'm sure some of those guys??? over there will enjoy it.

I like the stand up surf style, I am more of a bend the knees, get low type of rider.

heck no Im not puttin it on catek. the only two people that post there are arrogant SOBs. I figured theyd see this and do their best to rip me anyway. its not like theyre not constantly lurking to see if their names get mentioned

you are right. I need to bend my knees more. honest to god it feels like I AM!

Originally posted by mirror70

Some comments:

1) Super fast server. I got the big one at an avg of 703.1kB/s

2) Cool to finally see yourself in action, eh? I had never seen myself until this season and was surprised at how smooth I looked (-patting self on back-). Wish I had gotten some video from the end of the season to see how I had progressed.

3) Are you looking for any pointers?

700k? wow! glad to hear it.

2)yes, very cool. would love to see yours, too.

3)Im a bit 50/50 on the pointers thing. part of me is happy with how I ride, but the other part realizes that there are a few major things that get harped on here that I dont do. one of which is keeping my shoulders parallel to the slope. even on heel turns I tip over a bit too much, and I am aware of the effects of this because I lose my edge often enough, especially on toe turns. gonna work on that tomorrow. too bad its just slush from here on out.

BUT...I respect your POV so hit me anyway!

Originally posted by Galen

Cool D, well done! Looked like the Axis liked you. Saw a vid of myself for the first time recently, it's kind of an eye opener:o Enjoy the rest of your season, though with limited operations now, eh?

I was only on the axis for one of those runs (in the soft stuff with the little hop off the cat track through Rock Piles) the rest of it was on the WCR185

Originally posted by ar(angel

Nice smooth technique, surfy kinda style, we are definitely gonna have to hook up next season and ride together. Tell ya what, I'll come ride one weekend with you at Bach, you come ride one weekend with me at Shasta? Cool?

Great video man,

Paul

Paul, still on the fence about stickin around Bachelor. Bend doesnt feel like home to me, and the mountain itself aint quite "it" either, BUT I would love to come ride shasta some time!

Hey, D-Sub!

If I was anywhere close to the way you carve, I would be very happy. I got a clip of my riding but I don't know how to post it. Well, actually, I'm kind of shy to show how much work my carving needs. I just realized on my last session that my rear knee is way too straight which prevents me from bending my legs more than what I currenly do. Maybe I should post it to get advice.

Anyway, just wanted to tell you that you look very good on a board compare to me (read a bit a jealousy)...

Take care, Francois.

Francois

if the clip isnt too huge, email it to me and I will host it for you

D.L.Spang at gmail dot com

oh, and i was DEFINITELY having fun that day. I felt slightly "off" due to being camera conscious tho.

still waitin for Michaud to rip me:)

Originally posted by Steve Dold

We need a way to post videos anonymously so we can get feedback without admitting who we are. heh

Dave, I thought the riding looked great. Real smooth.

I dunno...why should anyone be timid? I cant imagine someone sayin "man, you just straight suck!"

anyone who has vids...I'll host em for ya til my bandwidth gets exceeded

Hi D-Sub

Thanks for posting the video, I too enjoyed your smooth skate/surf style. Do you come from a 1/2 pipe, long board banked run, surfing background? Sure seems like it watching your video.

I realize you have had some bad luck with your boards and are looking for a new one. If you are able to demo a Swoard try one, watching the way you ride in your video makes me believe you might enjoy one.

Thanks for taking the time to post the vid, it's always nice to see other hardbooters ride:)

Cheers

Rob

Originally posted by D-Sub

I dunno...why should anyone be timid? I cant imagine someone sayin "man, you just straight suck!"

You just straight suck, dude.

Naw, looks like you were having fun. I only saw 1 and 3 (the url for 2 is busted, double http). Looks like you were oversteering a bit in some places, and I think you'd do better if you were a little more dynamic but otherwise you look OK to me.

fixed the link to two. you watched the ones in which i wasnt "on"

watch like 4 or 5 or somethin

and man..if I hear that "dynamic" word one more time Im gonna kick someones ass. not yours of course since youre the sword master:)

I know...i get a little "stuck" sometimes. I also noticed my shoulders are really hunched over. Ive had better days, for sure but this was a lot of fun

wish the footage of Timinor had come out (was also my first day every filming someone else and THAT, i DO suck at:)

actually...SEVEN is the best representation of me doin ok.

Originally posted by D-Sub

and man..if I hear that "dynamic" word one more time Im gonna kick someones ass.[snip]

actually...SEVEN is the best representation of me doin ok.

It's better, but it's still the same style as the others - very upright, not a lot of leg flexing going on. I personally think you'd do better if you had a little more up and down motion (trying to avoid the D word). Looks like you're having fun though.

I downloaded full set :D and your riding looks pretty cool to me, i like your relaxed style.

As someone stated above, try to test Swoard cause your riding is very ECish even you dont stick you hands on snow (which makes your ride look even better :) ).

My only other comment is related files :p take look for other file formats, i recommend wmv or divx, with those you can decrease file size quite much with similar pic quality. If you have MS Moviemaker, it is easy to use and you can define size of final file and it is free. If you have Gates-alergie, then take look for Divx which is also free.

Thaks for nice clip anyway and happy rides.