Note to New Members ×

"Atlantica" Snowboard - Anyone ever heard of this company?

Charlie2021

Hello everyone

I have come across a snowboard for sale but cannot seem to find any info on the type of board it is. 

The seller says it is an "Atlantica Bordercross Snowboard 160cm" and made in Austria. 

Does anyone recognise this board? It is a used board and for sale at a low price - so I presume it is probably not much good?

Here are some photos:

https://justpaste.it/8r9m2

Thanks. 

Thanks guys.

I have an old Rossi that I ride... you can see it here:

https://justpaste.it/992nu

This "BX" one is for sale quite cheap... I was wondering would it feel very different to what I already have?

I have no specs - so if any detective has good eyes - I'd be curious to hear your opinion. 

I also don't want to collect useless old boards.... and should save up for a higher quality new board.

still... when one see ads... it is hard to resist.

🙂

I went boarding last week for the first time in 2 years and I must say it was tough. It had snowed quite a bit the few days previously and I found myself really fighting the piste to keep an edge down... it was cut-up pretty quickly after the first hour. 

Where can I find some good tips on technique when it comes to carving with hard boots on choppy piste. The boots cut my feet to bits and my thigh muscle was burning with pain. Perhaps I am out of practice.

I feel bad that I considered switching back to my soft boots and a soft bindings on my old regular Burton board.

Any other beginner/ intermediate who have similar issues?

🙂

13 hours ago, Charlie2021 said:

Where can I find some good tips on technique when it comes to carving with hard boots on choppy piste. The boots cut my feet to bits and my thigh muscle was burning with pain. Perhaps I am out of practice.

BTS may help.  A newer board would definitely help.  My legs hurt just looking at that Rossi.

• LOL 1

On 3/16/2022 at 5:45 AM, Charlie2021 said:

I spend a lot of my riding on choppy piste... You can't back off... riding more flat/less inclination will bounce you around even more.  Typically choppy is softer so put that edge down and keep the knees loose.  Shorter less complete turns can help you stay on the edge.

The boots "cutting your feet to bits" sounds like your boots don't fit properly to begin with which can lead to a whole host of other issues.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lonbordin said:

I spend a lot of my riding on choppy piste... You can't back off... riding more flat/less inclination will bounce you around even more.  Typically choppy is softer so put that edge down and keep the knees loose.  Shorter less complete turns can help you stay on the edge.

The boots "cutting your feet to bits" sounds like your boots don't fit properly to begin with which can lead to a whole host of other issues.

Indeed. I bought second hand deeluxe hard-boots. The shells are in very good condition, but I think the insoles are either a bit too small for me, or have been molded to the previous owners feet - or both! (Thermo-Fit). I reckon I should try to get new insloles. The worst was the pinch under my ankles.... a full blister had bubbled up by the end of the day. Next time I will wrap that area with a bandage first as once the skin lifted, it was agonising. 

19 hours ago, lonbordin said:

You can't back off... 

That is good advice. I reckon I need to just go for it.

On 3/16/2022 at 11:53 PM, Keenan said:

BTS may help.  A newer board would definitely help.  My legs hurt just looking at that Rossi.

I will look into getting a newer board when this season is over and there are some sales. I nearly bought a new board a few months back, but we signed up for a mortgage which emptied the piggy bank entirely. 

😬

I was going to buy an 17/18 F2 Silberpfeil Vantage 162, or even push up to a n 19/20 SG Full Race Titan 163XT or a 20/21 SG Full Carve 163.

A bit of a stretch since I don't get to go that often but I rationalise it by imagining if I have a good board, I'll have even more fun and will go more often.

Thanks for the tips in any case!

✌️