Note to New Members ×

An interesting realization about women and snowboarding

Guest Randy S.

Guest Randy S.

Clearly I have too much time on my hands since I can't snowboard with my injury. Despite the injury, we've had one of the best seasons of snow ever in Tahoe (more snow coming tomorrow). I was just having a conversation with a friend about the fact (I consider it a fact) that snowboarding a long, untracked powder run is better than sex.

As part of the conversation, I came to the realization that I've probably slept with about the same number of women as the number of ski resorts I've been to. The number is somewhere around 35-40 over the course of my life (hey, I was married for 10 years and never cheated). What's interesting is that I can name nearly every single ski resort. I probably can't name half the women. :rolleyes: :eek:

I wonder if Fin is going to squash this post. At least D-sub will get to read it, he's always on here. BTW, is D-sub some Dom-Sub thing or does it refer to something else? I just assumed you can't make up your mind if you are a top or a bottom. :confused:

... good cheesecake is better than sex. I can't say I've had that revelation about snowboarding.

I find it interesting that as a guy, you think that anything is better than sex ...:confused:

And yes, it will be very interesting to see D's reply!:)

Guest Randy S.
Originally posted by Allee

I find it interesting that as a guy, you think that anything is better than sex ...:confused:

I guess you have to give me a bit of a break. I'm old. I turned 41 on Monday. Although I felt that way about sex and snowboarding since I first tried snowboarding in 1986.

Cheesecake is good, and goes well with sex (wait, are we talking the cheesecake you eat, or the cheesecake you look at in magazines?). But snowboarding is better.

With all the leghumping guys on this board, I think its remarkable that a woman responded first to this post. :cool:

I'd have to say the average day of snowboarding is better than the average roll in the hay.

But if I had to choose between a perfect day of heli-boarding and a night with my fantasy girl, I'd pick the night with the fantasy girl. For either experience, I'd want to videotape the whole thing.:D

Im not gonna respond, just out of spite:)

oh wait, I just did.

I like sex AFTER a full powder day, altho...funny, but I used to say the same thing, that riding untracked freshies was better'n humpin.

for some reason these days neither feels like it used to. maybe I need prozac:)

I lke SLEEP after a full powder day.

I like gdbytyler's approach - it's true there are varying grades of all things. Sometimes sex is great, sometimes snowboarding is great, and sometimes cheesecake is SPECTACULAR.

And at least sex and cheesecake, and snowboarding and cheesecake mix ... one cannot say that for sex and snowboarding. Chairlifts and snow are cold and not conduicive.

Guest Randy S.
Originally posted by D-Sub

that's what gondolas are for, baby!

Been there, done that! Uh huh. Helps if its a big gondola (one of those euro ones that holds 25 people per car).

I'm sure Holly will get a kick out of this too. And---no offense to Holly--- :D ---but I'd take my very best days of kayaking, hang gliding, flyfishing, or carving over my best day of sex anytime! Oh, and add my best musical performances to the list above!

Sex (at least in my experience) just isn't the same kind of transcendental experience those other things have been for me. (At least not without a full harem of perfect 10s catering to my every wish...which I haven't experienced!)

I can vividly remember times---for example, after the final note of Mahler's 2nd Symphony, performed in Italy before an adoring crowd of thousands---when I sincerely thought, this is it---kill me now, because my life will never be any better!

Can't say I've ever experienced that with sex!

Scott (I love you Holly! :) )

so that is WAY (re: # of sexual partners) more info than I needed. I personally regard that as very personal info, but I guess not everyone does....

personally I think that's scary that you remember resorts instead of who you stuck your thing into..maybe I just have a really good memory when it comes to that.

===

Barry

Originally posted by SWriverstone

I'm sure Holly will get a kick out of this too. And---no offense to Holly--- :D ---but I'd take my very best days of kayaking, hang gliding, flyfishing, or carving over my best day of sex anytime! Oh, and add my best musical performances to the list above!

Sex (at least in my experience) just isn't the same kind of transcendental experience those other things have been for me. (At least not without a full harem of perfect 10s catering to my every wish...which I haven't experienced!)

I can vividly remember times---for example, after the final note of Mahler's 2nd Symphony, performed in Italy before an adoring crowd of thousands---when I sincerely thought, this is it---kill me now, because my life will never be any better!

Can't say I've ever experienced that with sex!

Scott (I love you Holly! :) )

not to brag or to bag on your wife but you obviously haven't had the right kind of sex with the right person:D

Baileys Irish Creme top with coffee flavored base.......:p Funny thing is I started making these when I was a chef as a special dessert for the restuarant I ran and the guy that worked with me turned it into a business! He now has 2 restaurants in town called......Cheese Cakes Unlimited! That was a whole other lifetime ago though.....At 41 years old I'm proud to say I'm still able to do both fairly well......board and make cheesecake that is....:D

Bon Apetite!

Paul

So this is the thread wherin we learn Randy is a man-whore :)

Barry: it should please you to know that I remember all the names of the girls I've had meaningless casual sex with and then never spoken to again.

Seriously though... I mean, epic snowboard is well.. epic. And the perfect day of heliboarding is up there on my list.

But c'mon, a full day with your dream date? I'm definately gonna have to go with that.

You can Snowboard a whole day without a break.

You can do it with your best friend, having some beers afterwards.

You can have nearly 100 runs a day.

Snowboarding has no headache and can be done 4 weeks a month ;)

You can do it on perfect groomers or deep pow under the beautyful winter sun.

I had days in the pow or on some glacier slopes, when I was laying in the snow shouting and nearly crying from joy.

You can snowboard at the ECS, ECES, SES,... with some of the best snowboarders around. I would not like to do that in sex.

Did anybody say that sex was better???

We're not talking about love, right? I'd never think about my GF, but hardly anything beats the perfect run / wave / ...

Originally posted by Ninjette

if mother nature is a female.... then does that not make snow female as well?? hence the pleasing effects of powder? :D

In French, snow is "de la neige", meaning it is female, so is "mère nature".