Note to New Members ×

Help please to I.D. bindings and figure out how to adjust.

Ian Anderson

Without a close up it's hard to see in the pics but the last pic definitely identifies threading on the metal rods. It also seem like there might be a "nut" like fitting on the rods just behind the front piece.

I would guess that:
- either the nut can turn, moving the front and heel relative to each other, or
- you will need to remove the 4 screws holding the rods down, remove the rods and adjust them manually.

A close up of a binding would be helpful.

Not sure who made them, but not Burton.  I have a set I used 25+ years ago they worked well once you get the right tension adjustment. Mine have holes on the bottom plate to adjust for smaller/larger boots. yours with the long threaded back bail might not adjust down as far as you want. But just keep turning adjust nuts until they get short enough or stop, try turning both sides the same number of turns

380359785_ratrapbindingsnowboard.jpg.0eed8bd2594be57fbe25932555f55cf1.jpg

Thanks for the replies.
So Trident made the Rattraps. This says RATRAP, (only 1 T). Typo I guess?
The "nuts" must be critical because there must be a reason for them being there, but all they do is swivel on the threaded rods.
I've tried turning the Turnbuckle type thing with a screwdriver, and still can't see exactly what it does, but I'll keep trying.
At first I thought I had to unscrew the heel section screws and use alternative holes,(as shown in the centre photo), but they may just be there to move the foot closer to the toe or heel edge.

Tridd

close up 2.jpg

close up 1.jpg

Yes keep turning turnbuckles at some point the rear bail might hit the cross bar that's when you need to move one or the other or both cross bars in.  Put your center line of your boots about center of binding and see what side/s need to move in. When adjusted  tighten nut to turnbuckle.  Measure outside from cross bar to bend both sides to try to keep even.  There were more threads one one side of mine

3 hours ago, Ian Anderson said:

The "nuts" must be critical because there must be a reason for them being there, but all they do is swivel on the threaded rods.

Those are 'jam nuts' used to prevent loosening of the retention system.

>If and when you get the bails adjusted to your liking, tighten those jam nuts hard up against the respective barrel of each turnbuckle.

• Like 1