Note to New Members ×

Mountain Slope .951 World Cup 120 boots 28.0 -

David Kirk

I’ve always wanted to try Mountain Slope boots so I recently purchased a pair directly from Mountain Slope and had them shipped to me in Montana. I knew that due to my extremely high arches and insteps that the chance that they would work for my feet was small but I really wanted to try it. Yesterday I visited my boot fitter and he didn’t think that he could make me happy due to the shape of my feet. So the brand new boots are for sale. The only thing I did with them was slip my foot into bare shell to determine if they could be made to fit. They have not been modified or used in any way. The liners have not been touched. They are brand new and include the spare springs and parts as shown.

If you’ve always wanted to try them here is a chance to do so for much lower price than buying them new from a dealer. I’d like $875 (including shipping in the lower 48 states) for them - paypal only. Buy pays paypal fee ($25). So…$900 will get you a brand new pair of Mountain Slopes delivered to your door.

DSC_2775.jpeg

DSC_2777.jpeg

DSC_2779.jpeg

Hey David, 

Please can we talk to you before you make such a drastic decision?

It would be great if we can help you!

HR also has very high arches so he knows this problem very well and has a few tips for you.

First, Did you take out all the extra insoles inside the liner (usually there are 2) ?

(Stand in the boot (with liner in the boot) leave the boot open so we can see the fit... take a picture from the side so we can see the height of the arch)

Greetings Jennifer

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MountainSlope said:

Hey David, 

Please can we talk to you before you make such a drastic decision?

It would be great if we can help you!

HR also has very high arches so he knows this problem very well and has a few tips for you.

First, Did you take out all the extra insoles inside the liner (usually there are 2) ?

(Stand in the boot (with liner in the boot) leave the boot open so we can see the fit... take a picture from the side so we can see the height of the arch)

Greetings Jennifer

Thank you for reaching out.

I brought the boots to my very experienced fitter and he confirmed what I was thinking....due to the super high arch it will not work for my foot.

The very first thing I did was to take the liner out of the boot and put my bare foot in it. My arch is so high I have a lot of trouble even getting my bare foot into the empty shell. That unfortunately is not an exaggeration.

I then took the insoles out of the liner and tried to get my foot in the boot with the liner in place and I can't get my foot into the boot. I know that sounds odd but I can't get my foot into the boot. The only way I'd be able to get them to work would be to remove much of the upper part of the shell covered by the cabrio tongue of the boot....and even then it would be very tight.

My fitter tested my instep height and it comes out in the 98th percentile...in other words my insteps are higher than 98% of the people measured. I'm not surprised by this. I can't even get my foot into slip-on shoes or slippers.

This does not speak to the boot at all...my feet are very odd is the problem. I've been using Deeluxe boots with the shell heavily modified (removing much of the shell below the tongue) and that will have to do.

Thanks again - I want it to work and it won't so now it's time to get someone else a chance to ride in these awesome boots.

dave

One other option for very high arches

You can take out the shell insole and the heel can be milled down 2mm or so  (only in extreme cases such as yours)

If it breaks, then it can easily be replaced and doesn't damage the boot because it is a seperate part of the boot.

Also, feel free to send a picture of your foot in the shell so we can get a better understanding of your situation.

Hope this helps.

Greetings Jennifer

23 minutes ago, pow4ever said:

very interesting....  What boots do you currently ride with (high instep)?

Would be nice to have an encyclopedia/mapping of foot/shape to brand of boots.

a decade later; i am still confuse when it comes to boots

Funny you mention that! I stumbled upon a video Fin made years ago regarding this exact topic. He had a bunch of charts and comparisons. It was pretty well done! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH000q_I-ZE

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pow4ever said:

very interesting....  What boots do you currently ride with (high instep)?

Would be nice to have an encyclopedia/mapping of foot/shape to brand of boots.

a decade later; i am still confuse when it comes to boots

I can make the Deeluxe work pretty well. The lower shell has a very wide opening over the arch which I end up cutting and making wider so that I can get my foot in/out. The shell over the instep is also fairly thin so when I cut it back the new edge isn't too think and I can grind it back to blend it in.

There are aspects about them that I'd like to improve (and was hoping the MS boots would take care of) but if your feet are so far outside the norm that you can't get your feet into the boot it hardly matters.

I think the MS boot would serve most everyone very well and I was hoping it could work for me.

dave

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MountainSlope said:

One other option for very high arches

You can take out the shell insole and the heel can be milled down 2mm or so  (only in extreme cases such as yours)

If it breaks, then it can easily be replaced and doesn't damage the boot because it is a seperate part of the boot.

Also, feel free to send a picture of your foot in the shell so we can get a better understanding of your situation.

Hope this helps.

Greetings Jennifer

Thank you Jennifer. I appreciate the ideas.

The core issue for me is that my arch/instep is so very high that I can't get the boot on. I know that seems odd but that's how it is. I can just barely get my foot into the shell without the liner in place and there is no way I can slip my foot in when the liner is in the boot. Lowering the heel by shaving the boot board might have come into play if I could get my foot into the boot...but since I can't get it on it matters little.

I could have cut the top opening of the shell much wider to allow the foot in but it would have been so wide that the tongue would no longer be wide enough to cover the new wider opening.

I really wanted it to work. I've been snowboarding for over 40 years with 30 years being in hard boots. I'm now in the bike business but I spent a decade working in ski/board shops doing boot fittings for myself and customers. It's been a long hard trip figuring out what will fit my very strange feet. I went to my local boot fitter because I no longer have access to the right stuff to modify shells or mold liners like I once did and he came to the same conclusion that I did I'm sorry to say.

So I'll need to stick with my modified Deeluxe boots and someone else will get the feel the Mountain Slope magic of this pair of boots.

Thanks again.

dave

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, David Kirk said:

I can make the Deeluxe work pretty well. The lower shell has a very wide opening over the arch which I end up cutting and making wider so that I can get my foot in/out. The shell over the instep is also fairly thin so when I cut it back the new edge isn't too think and I can grind it back to blend it in.

There are aspects about them that I'd like to improve (and was hoping the MS boots would take care of) but if your feet are so far outside the norm that you can't get your feet into the boot it hardly matters.

I think the MS boot would serve most everyone very well and I was hoping it could work for me.

dave

i am in the same boat.  i got Deeluxe to work well but want to see if i can do better.  we should start a support group... 🙂
got the deelux punched out in the toe box with tons of foam in the back that prevent heel lift.  it's ugly but looking back i should stick with it "it ain't stupid if it work"..

i tried Head, UPZ (2 pairs), 2 Pair Deeluxe and now MS.
My feet still hurts but i think i am finally start to understand what proper alpine snowboard foot wear should feel like.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SunSurfer said:

@David Kirkp

Don't know if 3D Avatar Feet app in Google Play store is of interest to you or to @MountainSlope

The app 3d maps the shape of feet.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll take a look at it.  We've tried the Bootdoc foot scanning systems (see the 2 links below)

3D SCANNER VANDRA

AUTOFIT BT