Note to New Members ×

Sg Soul XT size advise, or alternative

Saltlife

I weigh 80kg at 183cm(6ft) and need a suggestion which size board would fit my size 14 boots. The soul xt 156 is 27.5 wide and on sale right now, soul xt 164 is 28cm wide, which one would fit better? Also, are there other producers that make really wide and rather long softboot carvers for the european market? I looks like most wide boards end at 26cm width, like the f2 eliminator.

well im 90kg and 180cm with size 11 boots I was able to ride the 159XT just fine but i found it a little bit to soft especially in the nose. If I was to buy another one it would be the 164XT.

Personally i really wish they made an ultra wide titan soul or there force BX board

OES make a semi hammerhead board that has a 28.1cm waste

https://www.oes.cat/index.php/en/our-production/fr/162-fr-wide

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saltlife said:

I weigh 80kg at 183cm(6ft) and need a suggestion which size board would fit my size 14 boots. The soul xt 156 is 27.5 wide and on sale right now, soul xt 164 is 28cm wide, which one would fit better? Also, are there other producers that make really wide and rather long softboot carvers for the european market? I looks like most wide boards end at 26cm width, like the f2 eliminator.

164 is absolutely ok for you 

Sean ships boards worldwide, also you can have 29 or even 30 cm waist

It also depends on your stance angles... In some cases 28 cm is not wide enough for size 14

6 minutes ago, Saltlife said:

Would you say titanal for a first carving board?

Yep.

Can you carve on your current board to some extent?

Have you looked into OES? Oxess? Coiler? Size 14 is a pretty gigantic boot. Might be worth sussing out how much width you need before locking in any manufacturer. You might find it difficult to find a titanal board wide enough. Maybe a carbon top oxess would be good. But $$$$

41 minutes ago, Kneel said:

I picked up a 159XT for a deal a few years ago. I’m similar dimensions. @scottishsurfer is spot on. It’s a fine board for casual carving but you don’t want to load the nose. They really should make a titanal XT. 

I get the feeling width of the titanal sheets might be an issue asuming there not using it as strips. When i eventually pull the trigger on my next board from donek ill probably be having conversations with sean regarding titanal on a very wide board lol

11 minutes ago, Saltlife said:

Yes i had a look at OES, they also make a kevlar version of their FR for 600, is that comparable to a titanal board?

I've riden many OES boards. Kevlar is good, but different ride to titanal. It dampens the vibration without making the board "dead". I believe Alexey actually prefers that construction, for non-racing boards. 

• Thanks 1

Medium dude.  Easier to overcome and deal with a single free board than one that is too hard... You can add risers, you can stiffen your boots or bindings... Or soften... Kinda like clothing... Easier to adjust too many layers than too few, and a hard board is like forgetting your jacket some days.

On 10/9/2021 at 5:45 PM, Kneel said:

They really should make a titanal XT. 

I asked the question last night on instagram aparently there getting Titan Soul 164XT's in stock this week. Ill probably enquire about the sizing see if its same as the standard soul I loved how the stanard soul rode so i might be tempted to get one

• Like 1