Note to New Members ×

Assetto Corsa Competizione

daveo

3 hours ago, daveo said:

Shift point is actually 7650 on the 720, btw

yeah this was partly why i mentioned the shift lights being far to early in the rev range as i think its all blue at around 7100....

3 hours ago, daveo said:

If you can't take eau rouge raidillon flat, that's 0.6s lost.

Ive found if you murder the inital curve on the left hand side you can generally get through with no lift or at very worse one thats a fraction of second just to settle the car. what ive noticed i cant do on the 650/720 is touch the right hand curve at all as it just causes instant understeer and sends me left over the second right hand curve.

3 hours ago, daveo said:

Les combes T7 you want to use as much kerb as possible. 

I find the curve a bit hit and miss sometimes it works well other times it unsettles the car and causing it wanting to snap oversteer as i turn into the left hander.

Well a miracle somehow happened i won my first online race and it just happened to be at spa 😂
GuO7VJa.jpeg

Edited by scottishsurfer

18 hours ago, scottishsurfer said:

what ive noticed i cant do on the 650/720 is touch the right hand curve at all

Haha yeah that's actually every car!

yeah this was partly why i mentioned the shift lights being far to early in the rev range

Yep, no cars' shift lights flash at the optimal point actually. In fact the optimal shift point is slightly different for every gear. Higher gears require a lower shift point. So the Audi is 8300 1-2 and 8150 5-6. Also going downhill you should reduce the shift point slightly for each gear, opposite for uphill. To a much lower extent, pushing into a headwind/tailwind.

I find the curve a bit hit and miss sometimes it works well other times it unsettles the car 

This sounds like you may still be on the brake when hitting the kerb or the pitch of the car hasn't yet stabilised upon mounting the kerb. Might be worth checking your replay to confirm it. Gotta be easy on throttle through entire Les combes, too.

I'll do some laps in the 720 in a few days and see how it goes. Got a little achilles tendinitis at the moment in my left foot so gotta let that settle.

Thanks Daveo i gave one of the spa setups a whirl and its defintely a bit better than what i was using though i did find myself having to loose some air out of the tyres as I found my driving style was leading to the fronts going upwards of 28.5 psi :s . I wouldnt say its made me faster over one lap but it has increased the speed at what i can comfartably lap at. previously id average 2.24/25s but now its more like 23/24s. If i get the perfect lap ill probably be able to get to 2.20 but i fear at that point im going to start running out of talent and finesse 😂

3 hours ago, scottishsurfer said:

Thanks Daveo i gave one of the spa setups a whirl and its defintely a bit better than what i was using though i did find myself having to loose some air out of the tyres as I found my driving style was leading to the fronts going upwards of 28.5 psi :s . I wouldnt say its made me faster over one lap but it has increased the speed at what i can comfartably lap at. previously id average 2.24/25s but now its more like 23/24s. If i get the perfect lap ill probably be able to get to 2.20 but i fear at that point im going to start running out of talent and finesse 😂

Yeah mate all good! Dunno what temps they're for. Aim for 27.3-27.9 after 3 laps! I generally aim for 27.6 for a quali! It is easier to check your pressures using MoTec.

I always find comparing my setup to a superior one gives a lot of insight into what and why re the differences. I'm yet to make a setup from scratch I felt was superior to any of those.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting on pretty well with it i might even be a bit faster over a handful of laps but i think atleast how i drive seems to make the tyres fall off quite a bit quicker. I noticed racing online at monza where i got a couple 1.51's back to back without trying then for the laps afterwards i noticed i was starting to have significant problems in the heavy braking zones. I've not had a huge amount of time to put in a lot of time as im back at work now and i have the ok to start exercising so this weekend i got on the bike for a bit of pedal and snowboarded for a bit on sunday 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/26/2021 at 9:32 AM, scottishsurfer said:

@daveodont know if you have it on already but the orignal assetto corsa and all its dlc is on steam really cheap right now 😄

Ah no idea how I missed this! Yeah I already have AC but never play it! I'm having enough trouble spreading myself through ACC and iRacing that AC just never gets touched.

I do kinda want to enter an LMP endurance series in rFactor 2, though. Feel inspired from watching Max Verstappen crash and wipe his team out a couple of weeks ago :eplus2:

@scottishsurfer @Corey I'll have a server up for Bathurst from tomorrow until end of Jan, feel free to join any time (might be in icgt dlc, actually, not sure)!! I'll try to get an hour or so in every second night. Honestly I hate the track :AR15firin:flamethro

6 minutes ago, daveo said:

Ah no idea how I missed this! Yeah I already have AC but never play it! I'm having enough trouble spreading myself through ACC and iRacing that AC just never gets touched.

I do kinda want to enter an LMP endurance series in rFactor 2, though. Feel inspired from watching Max Verstappen crash and wipe his team out a couple of weeks ago :eplus2:

@scottishsurfer @Corey I'll have a server up for Bathurst from tomorrow until end of Jan, feel free to join any time (might be in icgt dlc, actually, not sure)!! I'll try to get an hour or so in every second night. Honestly I hate the track :AR15firin:flamethro

Ive actually not driven bathurst in ACC to many nightmare flashback from gt sport crashfests as drive dodgems on the mountain section 😅.

I'm really considering getting into making tracks for AC as for years ive wanted to make my idea of what the modern hockenheim circuit should have been

ixTgWBs.jpeg