Note to New Members ×

Assetto Corsa Competizione

daveo

On 10/1/2021 at 5:19 AM, barryj said:

Hey Daveo!  Good to see your alive and kicking!!

What's  this imaginary car racing stuff?

Hey hey Baz!

Ah just woke covid struck I decided to start to play computer racing simulation games. Just wanted to see if anyone else does the same 😃

Played a bit so Asseto so far it seems pretty good. Its suprising how similar the handling is to Gt sport but its going to take me a bit to get used to as ive not quite got a feel for whats going to make the car want to start wanting to oversteer just yet.

@daveo are you playing with a wheel or a pad at the momment im using an old Xbox 360 pad ive had for years but im probably going to give the ps4 pad a try out of curiosity

@scottishsurfer Nice! I guess GT Sport and ACC should both have kind of similar physics. But I don't really know, just guessing.

I'm using a second hand thrustmaster wheel. I got the wheelbase, wheel and pedals all used. Bought the cheapest cockpit I could find and that's what I'm currently using for it 🙂

There are lots of guys using xbox and ps pads and they're super fast. Way faster than me. I'm garbage. But I have more fun doing this than any other hobby recently!

The physics are close enough on the McLaren 650 that my lap times around brands Hatch are with in a second of each other using the PS4 pad. I'd say assetto is maybe a little easier on the limit up until it isn't where there is no saving a spin.

Fair to say I'm bitten by the bug I'm tempted to buy a wheel and pedals which will be the first time since I had Microsoft sidewinder wheel when I was a kid playing grand prix 4.

Also the first Monza chicane is the worst bit of track design ever and brands turn one is awkward no matter the sim 😅 

8 hours ago, scottishsurfer said:

Also the first Monza chicane is the worst bit of track design ever

I'm sorry are you forgetting literally every turn of zandvoort? Because that can go right in the bin. :flamethro

Edited by daveo

I geniunely dont mind zandvoort to much my only issue was confusing it with zolder for the first lap 😅.

I think my biggest issue was i literally spent hundreds of hours racing my old man around mid 90s monza in superbike 98. This vid shows the old layout its a bit of a zig zag but it flowed so much better than current one you litterally have to crawl through

15 hours ago, scottishsurfer said:

Well ive bought a logitech G923 wheel which should be in my grubby hands friday 😄

Wow that was fast! Let me know when you feel the vibe for a few laps and I'll spin up a server! Word on the street is that @Corey might be down at some point also! 

I'm going to start going around Kyalami tonight for about 1 hour in the Audi most likely.

6 hours ago, daveo said:

I'm going to start going around Kyalami tonight for about 1 hour in the Audi most likely.

I have driven a Fiat Uno on Kyalami, for real. Nothing crazy though, just cruising around on completely empty track. I have worked for a signage company, at the time 🙂

• Like 3