Note to New Members ×

Assetto Corsa Competizione

daveo

2 hours ago, BlueB said:

I lived in Pretoria, then at Bedfordview and Fishers Hill...

Boy, we high-jacked this thread. But at least, we used to drive fast over there 🙂

Lol My high school was at the top of Fishers hill. I once went over the handlebars on the Primrose side  and saw a car screeching to a halt through my legs. I literally kissed my ass goodbye that day 

sorry for the threadjack. On with the show!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AgassizSkidder said:

Lol My high school was at the top of Fishers hill. I once went over the handlebars on the Primrose side  and saw a car screeching to a halt through my legs. I literally kissed my ass goodbye that day 

sorry for the threadjack. On with the show!

Haha, neigbours! Our house was at Sun Str cul-de-sac, 3 blocks from your school. We had a most magnificent view over entire Joburg. On very clear days we could actually see Magaliesberg. 

• Like 1

Got my wheel its going to take a bit of getting used to especially driving at limit when the car starts to want to over rotate. I'm finding im having to run higher ABS and TC with the wheel compared to controller 3/4 vs 2/3 😅.

o8hRgFT.jpgThe set up bonus points for anyone that can spot the unusual bit 😅

Edited by scottishsurfer

8 hours ago, daveo said:

Is that..........an apple monitor?

Give that man a gold fish :D! Its an apple led 27" cinema display 1440p and has great colour accuracy not really meant to be used with a windows pc but its actually pretty great.

6 hours ago, daveo said:

how is the wheel btw? looks awesome!

I really like it, a big improvement in terms of precision especially on areas where its really need like the uphill chicane at the nurburgring gp course. My only dislike is that the brake pedal is pretty stiff compared to even my own car to the extent ive pushed my desk chair backwards a few times when ive hit the brakes.😅

The course is monza just running a short season and its the first round wanting to get used to the wheel. At the momment im around a 1.52min lap with the wheel vs a 1.51 ish with the ps4 controller. I've not really played to much with the set up other than abs/tc, fuel load and aero. hopefully in the next couple of days or so ill fully adjust hopefully start getting into the sub 1.50 laps so i can be competitive online.

Ah man that monitor must look amazing. The panels Apple use are so damn good. Lucky you, I'm jealous.

Oh wow you got up to speed super quick. That's a good effort. I put $2 kids' basketballs sliced in the middle around the rear office chair wheels and that essentially held it in place. So I could hammer the brakes and I wouldn't go flying backwards into another dimension. My pedal softened a bit over time, maybe yours will too.

I'll hunt for a good setup for macca/monza.

In the meantime, feel free to set this to 1080p and watch me struggle to not inadvertently drift the entire track. Not the best lap but super sketchy and a laugh to watch.

Edited by daveo
  • Like 1

Thats a really good lap daveo its going to take a good effort from me to get close to that.😅

I work for a recycling company and i refurbish and repair the tech that comes in for resale. The apple monitor was one of about 5 that came in from a design studio with faulty internal power supplies and failed backlights. Managed to get them working with some solder iron magic and got to keep one for myself 🙂

Sorry about the delayed reply @daveo  I didnt have a particularly great week last week for personal reasons so i didnt get much time to pound out the laps. Ive Tried a bunch of supposdly fast setups for the 650's but nothings really clicked ive generally found them to unstable on brakes and liable to snap oversteer. Instead ive kind of settled on much more docile slightly understeering setup by default that i can manipulate by running 1-2ABS 2TC to oversteer if and when i want it. Probably the biggest thing i did find that helped a massive amount was reducing the wheel rotation to 480 degrees to match that of the car, i found this gave a huge amount of extra control especially when it came to driving the car on the limit. Im now probably faster with the wheel than i was with the pad by about .5s around most circuits 🙂

On 10/20/2021 at 9:45 AM, scottishsurfer said:

Sorry about the delayed reply @daveo  I didnt have a particularly great week last week for personal reasons so i didnt get much time to pound out the laps. Ive Tried a bunch of supposdly fast setups for the 650's but nothings really clicked ive generally found them to unstable on brakes and liable to snap oversteer. Instead ive kind of settled on much more docile slightly understeering setup by default that i can manipulate by running 1-2ABS 2TC to oversteer if and when i want it. Probably the biggest thing i did find that helped a massive amount was reducing the wheel rotation to 480 degrees to match that of the car, i found this gave a huge amount of extra control especially when it came to driving the car on the limit. Im now probably faster with the wheel than i was with the pad by about .5s around most circuits 🙂

Right yeah so setting in game to 900 and then setting your logitech software to 900 will actually sync your wheel's lock to the exact steering lock that each car has. This is compatible with fanatec, thrustmaster, logitech gear only, though. So you don't need to manually set it in game for each individual car if you do the 900/900 thing.

Then you can just adjust the steering ratio up or down in setup. I usually use a pretty high steering ratio. Usually around 1 click down from max. But I'm slow.

Have you given the 720 a shot? Should be superior to the 650 in every way of I remember correctly. You may be able to beat your times with relative ease! Essentially handles the same with the same super early trail braking technique, though. I think tc 1 is the go for the 720, though.

Most fast setups I've tried generally try to murder you at any chance haha.

10 hours ago, daveo said:

Have you given the 720 a shot? Should be superior to the 650 in every way of I remember correctly. You may be able to beat your times with relative ease! Essentially handles the same with the same super early trail braking technique, though. I think tc 1 is the go for the 720, though.

I went with the 650s as it was my go to car in GT Sport so i had a reasonable idea of the handling, currently i'm about 85% way through the campaign with it. Ive done a couple of laps of in 720 and i think your right it defintely feels easier to drive fast dare i say a little more docile. I'll probably put more time into the 720 and and other cars once ive completed the campaign

1 hour ago, scottishsurfer said:

I went with the 650s as it was my go to car in GT Sport so i had a reasonable idea of the handling, currently i'm about 85% way through the campaign with it. Ive done a couple of laps of in 720 and i think your right it defintely feels easier to drive fast dare i say a little more docile. I'll probably put more time into the 720 and and other cars once ive completed the campaign

Ah man I haven't done a single race of the campaign! Is it good? I should give it a shot.

You got a favourite track? I can spin up a server any time and we could do a few laps together perhaps. I still don't know all the tracks yet, though. You sound like yours probably know then all by now if you're doing the campaign! 

@Corey any eta? 😄

4 hours ago, daveo said:

Ah man I haven't done a single race of the campaign! Is it good? I should give it a shot.

You got a favourite track? I can spin up a server any time and we could do a few laps together perhaps. I still don't know all the tracks yet, though. You sound like yours probably know then all by now if you're doing the campaign! 

@Corey any eta? 😄

Wheel and base in hand!  Need to sort pedals and a cockpit... This is about 4th or 5th priority in my life, so it's developing slowly.  Was hoping the CSL load cell pedals would be available by now, but no timeline available yet. 

The Fanatec DD and McLaren wheel look and feel super cool though. Higher quality than my actual race car wheel!  Granted; I don't need many buttons in a car with a carb and points ignition. 😉

7 hours ago, daveo said:

Not really i quite enjoy hungary and paul richard but theres actually a fair few ive yet to drive at all. The campaign isnt amazing its kind of an introductry to game taking you through a bit of testing then your first race weekend then it as it goes on it adds a little more complexity such as longer races, tyre and fuel changes. Last night for example was the first time i did a 2hour race at paul richard that finished at night which was interesting leaving the pits with cold tyres on a cold track 😅

On 10/24/2021 at 4:18 AM, Corey said:

The Fanatec DD and McLaren wheel look and feel super cool though. Higher quality than my actual race car wheel!

Ah man they sounds awesome. They look so cool, I know of a few people who are currently using this exact combo and they love them.

On 10/24/2021 at 7:10 AM, scottishsurfer said:

which was interesting leaving the pits with cold tyres on a cold track

Sounds a bit like Tokyo Drift to me... :eplus2:

The  lung i had issues with a month and a bit ago partially collapsed again. On the brightside half of it has already permantly bonded to my chest wall so it cant collapse which was what they were hoping to achieve in the operation they couldn't complete the last time i was in. So this time they are just going to bond the lower half which can be done through my chest drain with a local anaesthetic.

So more assetto corsa when im home lol 

37 minutes ago, scottishsurfer said:

The  lung i had issues with a month and a bit ago partially collapsed again. On the brightside half of it has already permantly bonded to my chest wall so it cant collapse which was what they were hoping to achieve in the operation they couldn't complete the last time i was in. So this time they are just going to bond the lower half which can be done through my chest drain with a local anaesthetic.

So more assetto corsa when im home lol 

That sounds rather grim to an outsider with no knowledge, but also sounds like you have a good understanding of it and have it under control!

You'll need some ACC for recovery 😂

• Like 1