Note to New Members ×

Rogla World Championships

MountainSlope

On 2/27/2021 at 1:54 PM, bigwavedave said:

Iris, Lily & Rose are the Minnesota flower power :biggthump

Coached by my daughter a few years back. :1luvu:

Dave, I hope she knows how much she's missed by the team! She still comes up in conversation a lot, and those 3 girls wouldn't be where they are without her.

Edited by theboarderdude
Names are hard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The results from the Parallel Giant Slalom race on Monday March 1, 2021.

FIS Snowboard Alpine World Championships - Rogla SLO - PGS - Men's podium with 2nd FISCHNALLER Roland ITA, 1st LOGINOV Dmitry RSF, 3rd SOBOLEV Andrey RSF © Miha Matavz/FIS

FIS Snowboard Alpine World Championships - Rogla SLO - PGS - Women's podium with 2nd NADYRSHINA Sofia RSF, 1st JOERG Selina GER, 3rd DUJMOVITS Julia AUT © Miha Matavz/FIS

For more photos see: https://fis.smugmug.com/FISSnowboard/World-Championships/2021-Rogla-SLO-Snowboard-Alpine/PGS/

WSCPGSM2021S.jpg

WSCPGSW2021S.jpg

The results from the Parallel Slalom race on Tuesday March 2, 2021.

FIS Snowboard Alpine World Championships - Rogla SLO - PSL - Men's podium with 2nd PROMMEGGER Andreas AUT, 1st KARL Benjamin AUT, 3rd LOGINOV Dmitry RSF © Miha Matavz/FIS

FIS Snowboard Alpine World Championships - Rogla SLO - PSL - Women's podium with 2nd HOFMEISTER Ramona Theresia GER, 1st NADYRSHINA Sofia RSF, 3rd JOERG Selina GER © Miha Matavz/FIS

For more photos see: https://fis.smugmug.com/FISSnowboard/World-Championships/2021-Rogla-SLO-Snowboard-Alpine/PSL/

WSCPSLM2021S.jpg

WSCPSLW2021S.jpg

Edited by Puhutes
  • Thanks 1

I watched the GS last night on Peacock and while it was fun to see them doing their thing the camera work didn't show the course or the racing very well. The cameras were so focused on filling the screen with the rider that one lost all context. It was hard to get a feel for how fast they were going or to tell who was leading at any given time.....hell - it was impossible to even tell how the course was shaped and if there were any offsets to it or if it was a dead straight fall-line course.

I shouldn't complain....seeing it at all is pretty cool. But with a few subtle tweaks it would have been much more engaging and fun to watch.

As an aside it looked like there must be a rule that every rider must use yellow boots. It looks like those guys have a 90+% market share for the world cup. It makes me want to try them!

dave

• Like 1

Great to see some veterans in the finals!!  Karl/Promegger was classic.  Happy for them.  Amazing riding.  Nadyrshina has a bright future.  I felt the red GS course cost Galmarini his day.  Unlucky rail for him in SL, before that he was looking clean.

USA's Cody Winters took 15th in SL!!  Went for broke against reigning 2019 champion Dmitry Loginov.

https://www.facebook.com/1070947468/videos/10221078704091853/

2 hours ago, David Kirk said:

As an aside it looked like there must be a rule that every rider must use yellow boots. It looks like those guys have a 90+% market share for the world cup. It makes me want to try them!

Best boots I've had.

• Thanks 1