Note to New Members ×

Margarita anyone?

SunSurfer

It's winter, cold and dark, you can't even go snowboarding 'cause of Covid and not enough snow. What's a person to do to cheer up?

The folks at Nate Silver's 538 have got drunk on Margarita's in the name of science and finding the best recipe, depending on your taste. They even published all the recipes for you to try. Enjoy! Hic......

https://fivethirtyeight.com/videos/we-got-drunk-on-margaritas-for-science/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite! Nice to see my recipe is similar. I like these ratios:

1 fresh squeezed lime juice 

2.5 100% agave tequila 

1 triple sec

0.5 agave nectar 

2 water

0.5 OJ (optional)

shake with ice

I’ve found that Cointreau instead of triple sec doesn’t really make it better, it just gets you drunk faster. But it makes a fancy impression at a party. Sometimes if I’m feeling rich I’ll add a splash of Grand Marnier. 

This is the best cheap tequila I’ve found. I swear you could put it in a Patron bottle and fool 9 out of 10 people. $20.

3658BB50-AE50-4885-953A-38B2D7C56A7A.jpeg

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, st_lupo said:

These are making me thirsty right before heading to work.  I really liked the margaritas at Tommy's in San Francisco.  Never seen a place that burned through lines so quickly!

I assume that you are talking about Tommy’s Mexican Restaurant? I ****ing love that place!!!!! There is also Tommy’s Joynt, which should win some kind of international award for the worlds sketchiest buffet, but also has its own profoundly divey (sp?) charm of its own. 

This is my current favorite tequila drink:

https://makemeacocktail.com/cocktail/8776/blazing-saddles/

The habañero tincture is totally necessary!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, queequeg said:

I assume that you are talking about Tommy’s Mexican Restaurant? I ****ing love that place!!!!! There is also Tommy’s Joynt, which should win some kind of international award for the worlds sketchiest buffet, but also has its own profoundly divey (sp?) charm of its own. 

This is my current favorite tequila drink:

https://makemeacocktail.com/cocktail/8776/blazing-saddles/

The habañero tincture is totally necessary!

Yup Tommy's Mexican Restaurant, that place is awesome!

That drink sounds pretty good, gonna take a bit of work to find some fresh habeneros in Norway tho...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/14/2021 at 2:49 AM, Jack M said:

My favorite! Nice to see my recipe is similar. I like these ratios:

1 fresh squeezed lime juice 

2.5 100% agave tequila 

1 triple sec

0.5 agave nectar 

2 water

0.5 OJ (optional)

shake with ice

I’ve found that Cointreau instead of triple sec doesn’t really make it better, it just gets you drunk faster. But it makes a fancy impression at a party. Sometimes if I’m feeling rich I’ll add a splash of Grand Marnier. 

This is the best cheap tequila I’ve found. I swear you could put it in a Patron bottle and fool 9 out of 10 people. $20.

3658BB50-AE50-4885-953A-38B2D7C56A7A.jpeg

thanks for the recipe. I tried the recipe and wanted to update my review. The recipe is really good.

Edited by areff91