Note to New Members ×

F2 World Cup SL 163

Jack M

25 minutes ago, Jack M said:

WC is great board

Good to know Jack....but I'm trying to move out of the Stone Age of UPM Plate tech and the next board  I spring for has gotta have Allflex Plate inserts (for my already acquired Allflex Carve Plate!) and it seems that in the F2 Speedster lineup only the $1500 Speedster "Protos" come with inserts..... and for that money I'll hold out for a custom Oxess or Kessler.

2 hours ago, Jack M said:

i-carve can’t publish prices because he sells at a discount at higher volume. 

Yes he has his things going on, but it feels good to have some numbers on screen before going through Ivan. Plus, his prices are not cheap at all. But to each his own. 

2 hours ago, barryj said:

1500 Euros for an F2!

Yes, it seems expensive, but I dont really know how the whole protos system works. I understood you could customize them, but some of them are bought off the shelves so don’t know… I repeat, I bought yesterday a brand new F2 2018 WC SL with titanal and carbon construction for 430€, and I am NOT a world cup racer. Now, F2 has not 3.000 engineers working and improving the boards each year so as far as I’m concerned, that board is almost if not the same as the 22/23 season. It is an excellent choice. The kessler or oxess equivalent would fall into the 1200+€. I will never outgrow that board. 

Nice conversation though, always lots to learn about you guys. 

1 hour ago, barryj said:

Good to know Jack....but I'm trying to move out of the Stone Age of UPM Plate tech and the next board  I spring for has gotta have Allflex Plate inserts (for my already acquired Allflex Carve Plate!) and it seems that in the F2 Speedster lineup only the $1500 Speedster "Protos" come with inserts..... and for that money I'll hold out for a custom Oxess or Kessler.

I would put the Proto a bit above a stock Kessler with Allflex inserts, although I haven’t tried their new “World Cup” line with the flames. 

I guess I’m saying if you see a lightly used or NOS Proto for sale, it’d be a good value.