Note to New Members ×

Clew bindings

Ok this is not a review... I don't own these... That said I see potential, especially for those who want a step-in AND a third strap. And they work with boots you already own.

https://www.clew.de/en/

Won an ISPO award-

https://www.ispo.com/en/ispo-award/2020/winner/snowsports/clew-binding-prerider-2019-limited-edition

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

So I got to try a pair of these while in Japan and must say that they are much better than I thought.

they are still working on bringing the overall weight down, but the system works amazingly well even in wet heavy snow it did not get clogged up or have any issues.

i still prefer some other setups, but this is a very solid alternative to the other step in/on systems on the market today.

cheers,

sandy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not bad really, they are a little heavy in their current design and very over built/engineered and this makes them pretty damp so that you feel very little input from the board but otherwise, they ride as well as any regular strap bindings.

also, they are working to simplify the forward lean adjuster as it is a bit too complicated in current design.

they are implementing a lot of changes into the next version, so it should be a pretty interesting binding.

cheers,

sandy

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, lonbordin said:

@svr what's the flex like? 7/10?

What made the forward lean complex?

Thanks for the info!

Mahalo

@lonbordin the forward lean is complex in that it is three separate pieces that can all move so the lean won’t stay in place.

as far as flex, the binding assembly around your boot is 10/10 and feels almost like a cast on the sides of your boot and there is almost zero side flex..once in the bindings and locked in the whole binding is probably a 8 - 10 out of 10 in its current state dependent upon how tight you crank everything.

in its current version, a hardbooter would probably enjoy the feel and connection that it provides and the weight is not that bad when considering what a good set of alpine hardboots weigh.

when they lighten it up, it will probably get a little softer and provide a little more board feedback.

cheers,

sandy

Edited by svr
  • Thanks 1