Note to New Members ×

Anyone have experience with both Coiler T3 and T4 ??

daveo

Just choosing for my next board. Gonna be a hardboot am kinda board adapted from a softie design...

Just want to see if anyone's had experience with both the thicknesses and maybe what your opinion/impression is? Anything appreciated 🙂 

16 minutes ago, daveo said:

Just choosing for my next board. Gonna be a hardboot am kinda board adapted from a softie design...

Just want to see if anyone's had experience with both the thicknesses and maybe what your opinion/impression is? Anything appreciated 🙂 

Nope, just trust in the boardmaster for that one, as I alluded to in other threads he’s really good at getting it right. 

• Thanks 1

My early impressions from riding T4 designs was that they generally had better edge hold and were able to power through choppier crumbly conditions more effectively;  cut through nicely without getting bounced around as much.   The other difference is that it had a slightly harsher feel compared to T3.

However, it should be noted that other design features of the board will also impact its ride characteristics.  Although the T4 designs had provided some of the best edge hold I’ve experienced on a Coiler, I have recently felt comparable edge hold on a recently built T3 design.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Gabe T said:

My early impressions from riding T4 designs was that they generally had better edge hold and were able to power through choppier crumbly conditions more effectively;  cut through nicely without getting bounced around as much.   The other difference is that it had a slightly harsher feel compared to T3.

Funny you mention that as this was my impression of how it should feel also. I've ridden a 0.3mm Kessler and 0.4mm Oxess and I attributed some of the "cut through nicely without getting bounced around as much" to the thickness of the titanal.

Just tested this weekend a 2018 Angrry 165 T4 vs a 2016 NFCE 170 T3 on a ultra firm, ice and fast conditions where most of the carvers were chatting out, both boards have a vsr 10/12/11 approx and 20 waist.

Both boards were gripping like hell.  Felt confident at all time with very agressive lay down carving.  Lost the edges once or twice on 2 full days riding (10 to 4).  Have not change my style vs hero snow.

Felt the t4 is having more torsionnal stiffness and felt that it was just a notch better on ice.  Obviously, it is not a world difference between both boards but that can give you that extra bit confidence that makes the difference.

I owned 5 diffent models of T3 coliers (stubby’s, Monsters,  nirvana’s) and always wanted to compare T4 vs T3 on tough conditions like I did, even if the board models are slighly different.  

To answer your question, I would go for a T4 if I had to order tomorrow.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Habs2c said:

Just tested this weekend a 2018 Angrry 165 T4 vs a 2016 NFCE 170 T3 on a ultra firm, ice and fast conditions where most of the carvers were chatting out, both boards have a vsr 10/12/11 approx and 20 waist.

Both boards were gripping like hell.  Felt confident at all time with very agressive lay down carving.  Lost the edges once or twice on 2 full days riding (10 to 4).  Have not change my style vs hero snow.

Felt the t4 is having more torsionnal stiffness and felt that it was just a notch better on ice.  Obviously, it is not a world difference between both boards but that can give you that extra bit confidence that makes the difference.

I owned 5 diffent models of T3 coliers (stubby’s, Monsters,  nirvana’s) and always wanted to compare T4 vs T3 on tough conditions like I did, even if the board models are slighly different.  

To answer your question, I would go for a T4 if I had to order tomorrow.  

Awesome, thanks. My choice comes for a freeride shape so I actually wonder how it will go on crappy lumpy bumpy soft and crusty stuff, also! I guess my goal is for the board to power through EVERYTHING!