Note to New Members ×

4th awesome Crystal day this week and Kirk is here

1xsculler

Kirk is my SES, ATC and Montuckey right here at home so I don’t even have to board a plane. This guy has been laying down pencil-line trenches since the earliest days of pure carving(prior to 1990 I think)  and I am going to try to follow him down Quicksilver which will motivate and teach me the trick to get me over the hump. We’ve got two hours. 

• Like 1

I made two good instructive runs with Kirk today and learned some things.  1. He has been carving seriously since 1993 (I didn’t know anybody carved much before 2000). No wonder he is so solid, and 2.  He told me I am too critical of myself and that I may only want to twerk a few details.  I think I can calm down a little and just continue to persue aggressive riding.

I will post a vid as soon as I can for your critique.

Another great day at Crystal!

My signature turn was coming off the cat track under Rex and swinging a huge turn around the tower. Chair 9 offers fun fast easy groomers early in the day but I always loved laying out steep carves on pro course right after master Groomer Bruce winched it...launching into little Portillo was always awesome too

Edited by slopestar

9 hours ago, 1xsculler said:

I made two good instructive runs with Kirk today and learned some things.  1. He has been carving seriously since 1993 (I didn’t know anybody carved much before 2000). No wonder he is so solid, and 2.  He told me I am too critical of myself and that I may only want to twerk a few details.  I think I can calm down a little and just continue to persue aggressive riding.

I will post a vid as soon as I can for your critique.

Another great day at Crystal!

kirkcropbirthday.jpg

• LOL 3

3 hours ago, slopestar said:

My signature turn was coming off the cat track under Rex and swinging a huge turn around the tower. Chair 9 offers fun fast easy groomers early in the day but I always loved laying out steep carves on pro course right after master Groomer Bruce winched it...launching into little Portillo was always awesome too

That big sweeper turn around that Rex tower has sometimes been a great turn for me too (went over the handlebars once there right under the chair which brought cheers but wasn't cool) and then you get about 500 yards of an awesome, wide carving run if it's groomed which it usually is. What a great feeling when you hit it right. It can be fun in the spring when it's a little softer too.