Note to New Members ×

Wow, think I found the softboots solution.

bobdea

Injected liners in soft boots. I had done my UPZs with foam years ago, don’t like the UPZs.

I have horrible issues with fit in most softboots. The modern thermo liners allow the boot and strap to compress my high volume foot.

Had em on for a couple hours today, strapped in LESS pain, less numbness. Huge breakthrough! 

Didnt get to any resort hardback, just back yard messing around with the youngen but this is very promising.

2ED3E6F5-7128-4D3B-A497-121C3E11D93D.jpeg

15B05F5E-0F34-4EDC-8A38-85E06E79FF20.jpeg

68599ED9-F6BD-41CE-B84D-8D3A3685AEF0.jpeg

9 hours ago, slopestar said:

I don't cinch the liner. Only the boot shell is reefed down. I used to have lots of pain and numbness. Not anymore. Bad thing is that Boa sucks and pops open. I've just gotten used to the slop. I hate boa but it's really the only lacing system out there in higher end boots. 

There are quite a few high end boots that are traditional lace but boa heel lock which I think is probably the best combination.

Vans infuse /implant

Rome guide srt /libertine srt

K2 aspect

There are probably others but they're the ones that spring to mind. I prefer laces myself I usually replace the laces with climbing cord which is stronger and doesn't hold on to water like normal laces do. The only down side is you need to be tie them a little differently using a reef knot first otherwise it'll come undone.

• 3 weeks later...

An update, this is the best softboot in terms of comfort I’ve ever had. By a long shot. 

Super stiff, that’s a drawback sort depending on conditions but also means a softer shell works and generally cheaper boots tend to be softer....

So spend $400 to save $60 on your next set of boots. 

14 minutes ago, bobdea said:

Probably you can, could buy another brand too, what you’d need is a set of hard boots to mold them though as I would think molding in softies you’d get waaaaaay too much foam. 

I guess i could probably borrow a friends ski boots for this since his feet are nearly identical to mines in terms of size, though i guess ill need to try my current soft boot liners in the boot to make sure the shell size isnt so different that the new foam injected liner would fit into my softs. Some further exploration and experimentation is required me thinks.

I can’t stress enough how much stiffer they are.

this makes a set of 32s lashed boots stiffer than 2017 drivers and my drivers almost too much. But they are pretty new so hopefully they’ll break down a little. If there’s one thing about my fat ass is that I can break down a softboot pretty quick.

Soooooo, I have Palau Alpine Dual Fit in my Driver X. Surely not as good as a foamie but still pretty damn good. Like... First day I ride I had comfort all day kinda good. I also threw my custom Sidas footbeds in them.

But...sigh...softboots just weren't for me. So I'm going to pass my SG Soul and Flow NX2-GT on to someone else. I'll keep my Drivers for the next time I try softboots in a few years once I can afford Marcel to build me one. 

Edited by daveo